Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > The Other Forum

Old 05-26-2015, 12:57 AM   #31
mytmouz

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody

Only other thing I have gotten done due to trying to finish the much hated GTO I am doing is I have the trans controller mounted and partially wired, replaced/rewired the fuse box, and finished up the factory wiring under the hood ( I think, lol)... I hope to finish that stupid Goat this week and get on it, Need to wire up the MSD then I can fire it...
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:41 AM   #32
mytmouz

Still working on the GTO, so I haven't had much time for this one. I did manage to get the 9 inch together and installed...

Old 07-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #33
mytmouz

Finally got the rear done and hung the fender for a test. I can work with it. The angle of the pic is misleading. I got room, just got to trim the fender lip a bit...

Old 12-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #34
mytmouz

Work on this when I have a few minutes. I replaced the dash with a better one, installed a cap on that, then fabbed up a gauge panel and am in the process of wiring all that up. I modded the trans tunnel and this is a test fit of interior parts. I have a set of 1965 Mustang bucket seats, as the ones I had in it were for a 1967 Chevelle. I got one of those again, and it was a bench seat car, sooo... I installed a B&M quick silver shifter for the 4L80e trans, and it is a 1968 Camaro console surrounding the shifter...

Old 12-28-2015, 12:42 AM   #35
mytmouz

I think (hope) I am down to the wiring for the digital gauges and topping of the fluids, then seeing if it will light off. Will probably be New Year's before I get back to it...
Old 02-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #36
mytmouz

And I got some time to fool with it today, last update from 12-27-15 was the last time I touched it... I got all the wiring done (I think) except for the hot wire to the cigarette lighter... I got the gauge panel finished up and installed, installed my steering wheel (not completely done, I have to get the horn stuff in it) and the radio installed...

Old 07-29-2018, 12:57 AM   #37
mytmouz

And for an overdue update...

I got a different carb, and got it to run, but not the greatest. I carrier it to my buddies house, and left it in his shop some time last year, as he is my carb guy. It promptly developed a leak internal to the electric fuel pump so it sat. I got the kit, and it still sat, lol... (I was thrashing on my 67 Malibu Pro Touring build). Finally fixed the pump and a test drive ensured. (this was sometime in January). It didn't shift (4l80 trans and aftermarket controller). So a couple of weeks ago I got around to troubleshooting it, and the issue is, I am a Dumba**... Despite the controller instructions stating otherwise, you CAN plug the wiring up backwards. Shifts fine now... Still not the best running or idling build I have had, so I started fooling with it today. Swapped out the coil with another, same issue. I reran the rockers and a big improvement, some were too tight. Adjusted the carb again now that the valves were good, and all is Golden...

Currently in the body shop where I work on my crap, a couple of blockings on all the sheet metal and it will be ready to paint. I have to do some repairs to the fiberglass stepside fenders, but not anything major...