Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Commerce > Im Looking For . . .

Old 02-04-2018, 02:18 AM   #1
Nice_un_35

Vehicle: 08 Nissan Pathfinder. 97 D21 XE 4cyl 5spd
Default Looking for a clean d21

I'm looking for a clean rust free 90 to 95 d21 a white 2wd 5 speed 4 cylinder would be ideal
Other colors would be fine a clean v6 I might entertain if it's been kept up
A slightly modded like lowered or painted would be fine as long as it won't scrape
I'm not looking for one that has been chopped and altered heavily. A clean engine swap like a ka24de I might entertain
I'm located in Concord/ Charlotte NC area and would drive up to 2 hours to meet
I need something solid that I can buy and drive home or daily drive if need be.. if in need of normal ware and tare items like plugs belts brakes and tires would be fine
Reason I want up to a 95 is I'd like to stay obd1 if possible
Nice_un_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e

What about Regular Cab vs Extended Cab?

I pictured a Regular Cab in my head as you were describing this right up until you mentioned the V6. You are probably only going to find a 2wd V6 with an extended cab and an automatic, unless you find a badass long bed like mine.

A few local deals for you:

1990 Nissan Hardbody, d21 - $2400 (Pelion)
columbia.craigslist.org : 1990-nissan-hardbody-d21 : 6459840982
KA42E, 5-speed, 2-wheel drive, 310k miles

With 310k miles, I'd definitely want to talk him down on that price. It might be worth it, but then it might not. Don't try haggling price over the phone or email, though. I personally get pissed at people who start trying to talk my price down before they've ever even taken the time to come look at the truck. I'll hang up or delete their email.

I know you are wanting a White one and you specifically said you want OBD1, but this is a really clean pre-OBD in Blue in your area:

1986 Nissan d21 Pickup - $1500
winstonsalem.craigslist.org : 1986-nissan-d21-pickup : 6461670151
Z24i 5-speed, 2wd, 224k miles
I really like that little blue one, too. I wouldn't mind buying that one for myself, if I had a use for it.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Nice_un_35 (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Nice_un_35

Thank you jp2code yes mostly regular cab .... I have had an extended cab d22 in the past but I always liked the d21 I also have had a few b2200 Mazdas ...but I'm more Nissan at heart
Thanks for the links I found a 97 single cab locally I'm going to look at today its very clean from what I can tell of course .obd2 ... I want to get rid of all the emissions crap under the hood and make it clean it's easier with obd1for NC inspection ..... Plan on staying stock after I get one till I get parts and sort it out looking for lsd rear disc breaks and stuff but that's later I heard pathfinder parts help but there is also a kit for rear disc that uses a Isuzu rotors and calipers and a bracket ...I'd like to mod for function but appear stock and be reliable ...a mini truck but not bagged and chopped
Old 02-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e

OBD 1 stuff can still get crazy when you start disconnecting stuff. I think OBD 2 adds more, but it's also standardized, so you can use a Code Reader to see what's wrong.

Sometimes, you can start pulling emissions stuff off, and it runs OK. Then you get up to the 2500 RPM mark, and the ECU just shuts the spark off on you.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
Nice_un_35

Jp2code I found a 95 white extended cab 2.4 5 speed with front end damage also needs a cluster it stopped reading at 295k
I'm going to look at the local junkyard for parts I need a hood fenders and bumper .. I will be getting the truck in a few weeks ... Thanks for your help ...