Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 04-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #21
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

LOL that sucks
Old 04-12-2017, 01:47 PM   #22
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Vehicle: 96 Nissan XE 2.4

I emailed them back, told them they find the part, pay for it and send it to me or I quit using their site for parts I need. Very simple request.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:55 PM   #23
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Ok, let's revisit this thing again. I replaced the dual pressure switch and the drier receiver and wouldn't ya know it, when I plugged the pigtail back in and turned the AC on, NOTHING.. not a damn thing.. so I grounded it again and the AC cycled back on. So it tells me something like a bad ground is looming around.. I uploaded the schematic and I'm running through it, I'm just having a hard time finding the possible bad ground.

Any help?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #24
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

wait.....crossing the two wires at the pressure switch makes the system run?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #25
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 View Post
wait.....crossing the two wires at the pressure switch makes the system run?

Yes.. crossing the two wires with a paperclip then grounding it to the frame makes it run. Is it what I'm thinking, the ECCS control module or the thermo amp?

Ok so I just messed with it a bit more, and well under the influence of sleeping pills, it made it a little more difficult. So this is what I did..

Plugged the pig tail back in for the dual pressure switch. Ran the paperclip behind the truck side of the pig take while grounded and obviously the compressor cycles on.

I then pulled the AC relay, and checked voltage. Between pins 3 and 5, I get 12.14 volts. Between pins 3 and 2 I get the same read out. I put the relay back, cranked up my truck and let the ac run. With the after market toggle I installed, the compressor clutch, with the ground cycles on, but never cycles off. I traced the wiring from the thermal protector and found that the ground to the intake was solid.

All while my truck was running (about 10) minutes), the ac clutch never cycled off, it just stays on the entire time. You have to manually turn it off. If the thermos control unit was bad, I wouldn't get ac. It almost sounds to me like it's a ground connection. Every other site I've looked at says look for the fan switch and check the ground. Well I have a clutch fan, and the blower in the truck works just fine.

What am I missing here?

Update 04-21-17.

Admin I promise this is the last update. Ok here's what I found. I evacuated the ac system before I left work today with the intention of replacing all the O-rings with new ones and inspecting other components. Once I had the evap box pulled, I disconnected the thermos control amp, pulled the cover off and whaddya know!!! a D1922 transistor/resistor is blown, melted.. just bad. Oh, and I did replace all the O-rings, which was very, VERY easy. Just a little mineral oil and a hooked automotive pic. Took me maybe 30 minutes total to replaces all the gaskets and clean the evap box and core, but here's the big deal.

Where in sam hill do I find the thermo control amplifier? Every time I run it by year make and model, it keeps giving me some red looking deal that is no where near what I have.

Last edited by Green-meanie187; 04-22-2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Last update
Green-meanie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:38 AM   #26
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Ok so let me revisit this one more time. I put everything back together.. got the AC recharged and running cold. Still have the same problem though. Though I noticed that when I ground the red/green side of the dual pressure switch, I kept hearing a clicking noise right around the throttle. After a few minutes, I pulled the FICD plug and when I was grounding the wire, the FICD wouldn't click.. is it possible that this solenoid went bad? And that grounding it automatically forces it to work?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:58 AM   #27
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

that thermo amp is supposed to be behind the dash, in the area of the evap core box. kiss my ass if i have ever seen it on mine, and i have had the dash out twice in a month.

does your engine speed raise up when the AC is running? it supposed to, and mine doesnt. im not too worried about replacing that thing. the cold fast idle works and with it being a 5 speed, i can take care of the idle if needed when im stopped in traffic.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #28
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Yea it raises up when the engine is running, but only when I ground the cycling switch. I had my stepdad solder the new transistor on the thermo amp, and he looked at the rest of the board and said it looked ok. The FICD seems like it might be bad though
Old 12-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #29
brknissan

Vehicle: 1991 Nissan d21
Default Dual pressure switch - AC discharge?

If i remove the dual pressure switch will that release my freon?

I was looking to figure out where it was located and came across this post and read that removing my pressure switch will depressurize my AC system. Or will i just loose a bit of freon?

New here, registered because i just got a newish hardbody and noticed my low pressure AC line is freezing. After reading online i came to the conclusion that it's probably my dual pressure switch.

Thank you!
brknissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM   #30
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

yes, removing the pressure switch from the drier will depressurize the system. and if the low side is freezing, there is probably a blockage in the expansion valve.

you need to get a manifold gauge set on that truck and post your pressures. in a nut shell, with a system restriction, the low side pressure will be REAL low and the high side will be really super high.
brknissan (12-03-2017)