Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 04-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #61
wonderboy

Vehicle: 1995 King cab auto

So whatever happened? I have a dead battery in my truck atm. Probably due to my stereo in there but the battery is old old so. Also a broken battery terminal. I was going to give the quest a try. So i was on here to read up on it and i found this little gem. My understanding with high output alts is that they have condersiderably less life than say oem. Your post had me wondering untill i got near the end of the post section.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #62
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,204 Posts

Moral of the story is do not buy a mean green alternator.
alabama_lowlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 AM   #63
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

enough said. id rather spend time converting a bracket system of some kind to add a GM style alternator if i really needed the extra amperage.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:45 AM   #64
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

I had a Wrangler alternator (160 amp) in my former 87 and even full of mud it worked perfectly (pinned the meter at the auto electrical shop), only problem I ever had with it was the external voltage regulator failed but they sent me a different style ( Ford style) and it was good again.

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #65
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto

All of you are correct, and it has been some plight to say the VERY LEAST. I think the take away is not only the MG alternator is defunct, it helps to deal with a third party vendor that is willing to keep you as a customer.

Since this issue, I contacted the BBB and got them involved. I believe its at the final step, but there will be no other compensation offered other than the check for 349 that I received....now remember 349 was the list price, then I had to pay the shipping and shit, so I actually PAID 389 but only got 349.

The biggest joke of all is they have "proof" from MG in the form of an email that says I installed in incorrectly both times because I didn't have enough tension on the belt.....LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First that is a subjective opinion. There is no way they could know unless they checked the belt deflection themselves.

Second they say I cannot run it at an idle because it will overheat....I am sorry, but as being in law enforcement, all police vehicles have HO alternators.....they have to with all the gear installed.....and they are meant to be idled all day everyday....know what the difference is? You probably know but they have a fukin fan!

I tried and tried, but my last message with them basically was print out this complaint, wrap the boat anchor you call and alternator with it, and shove it up your ass.

Its still in process, so I cant provide a link for you to read everything I wrote, but its humorous to say the least.......I have never dealt with an individual small business that was so anti-consumer. They have a negative response for everything, and when something don't apply, they make something up.

Don't refund shipping costs.....Tried to make contact......installed improperly......and just flat out lie, talking about how I said I received information and shipping labels when I didn't. Garbage, fucking garbage this company is........every last fucking one of them.
wonderboy (05-04-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 07:07 PM   #66
slammed97
=SunSet= Tx

Vehicle: 95 hardbody

Man wish i had seen this 2yrs ago before buyin ind of these alternators...so far its working but since install the truck only has bout 20 miles on it with little draw...
slammed97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:31 PM   #67
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto

Yea, pay the hell attention to how long you idle.

Its only my personal conjecture but I really believe that they overheat and screw up the diodes inside the alternator. The company will then blame you for everything. Its a freaking scheme they got going on.