Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Nissan Cars

Old 07-21-2017, 04:06 AM   #11
sajohnson

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan NX2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardb0dy View Post
when the window in my former pathfinder would only go down but not up, I took the motor out of the door, removed the metal cover, cleaned it out and wiped the coil down and reinstalled it and it was fine afterwards.
Those are the kind of stories I like!

In this case, when the windows fail, they BOTH stop working. They won't go up or down. They don't even try -- no noise at all.

So it's something common to both, but that doesn't narrow it down much.
sajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:44 AM   #12
sajohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 View Post
those switches arent much but a copper contact with a spring between the plastic button and the contact. you could try some electronics contact cleaner. just insert that little tube in there and give it a squirt while working the buttons. it cant hurt.
Good idea.

The reason I haven't gone right for the switches is that *both* windows fail together, every time.

I need to take another look at the schematics. I'm an electro-mechanical tech but I worked for Metro in D.C., so I'm used to railroad symbols. I find the Nissan (and most other auto mfrs') prints somewhat hard to follow in places.

That said, my assumption is that the voltage is being dropped somewhere 'upstream' from the motor control switches.

I'm guessing that there is single 12V source that splits and feeds both doors.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:25 AM   #13
david29
Administrator

Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajohnson View Post
Good idea.

The reason I haven't gone right for the switches is that *both* windows fail together, every time.

I need to take another look at the schematics. I'm an electro-mechanical tech but I worked for Metro in D.C., so I'm used to railroad symbols. I find the Nissan (and most other auto mfrs') prints somewhat hard to follow in places.

That said, my assumption is that the voltage is being dropped somewhere 'upstream' from the motor control switches.

I'm guessing that there is single 12V source that splits and feeds both doors.
Check your fuse. maybe the contact is dirty. Then check the plugs to the components. Amplifier might be in the passenger kick panel. Thats where they are on the Hardbody and Pathfinder.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #14
sajohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by david29 View Post
Check your fuse. maybe the contact is dirty. Then check the plugs to the components. Amplifier might be in the passenger kick panel. Thats where they are on the Hardbody and Pathfinder.
Good suggestions, thanks.

Part of the problem is that the fuse panel cover does not indicate which fuse feeds the window motors. I'll need to look at the schematics to figure out the path.

The other thing is, the problem is intermittent -- right now they're working.