Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #181
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

Actually worked on the damn thing a little after getting er in the air and organizing my shit. I pulled the temp tubular driver rear bag arms and links apart. Finished cleaning up and tacked together the plate bag arms my buddy and I did on his dying plasma table. mocked it up in place. There's a lot more pieces to come, The new geometry should give me full lift and drop without contact points or bind. Plus look a lot better.
Tatujess is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #182
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

Neat setup, love stuff like this - my only thought is the single sheer pivot point, maybe look into boxing that in somehow.
Thanked by:
Tatujess (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #183
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by estetic View Post
Neat setup, love stuff like this - my only thought is the single sheer pivot point, maybe look into boxing that in somehow.
Yup yup it will have something there, making a second shear that's esthetically pleasing will be the hard part tho, this is still just mock up and assuring I got my geometry right
Thanked by:
estetic (04-20-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:12 AM   #184
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

got some repair work done on the truck last week. The carrier bearing has obviously seen better days and had been chattering for awhile before I took the truck off the road. Not a hard job just tedious nuthin press fit or needing special tools I got some welding underneath done while the shaft was out and put it back in all snug.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:33 AM   #185
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

https://i.imgur.com/GL4LLa8.jpg
I think I finally have all the cantelever arms and shackles exactly how I want them.. I remade the frame side bag mounts thicker and repositioned, I made a new uca out of the ends of the one from the kit and a piece of bent 1.25 3/16 wall tube, it now has a bunch more clearance to the lift arm giving me about two inches more overall lift at the tire I made the new shackles that connect the splined arm of the lift arm pivot to the bag arm with bronze bushings. I remade the arm side bag mount and changed the pivot points to a more optimal spot relieving 90% of the stress from its alignment strut that I also reshaped and strengthened and now tucks nicely behind everything. Last things to figure out for the rear are temporary bed lift bag, the shocks, idk wtf I'm gonna do there yet, might have to get or build tubular lca's just to get some clearance to mount them out there idk yet. Then, how I'm gonna do a second shear point for the bag arm that looks cool and not secondary or forced.it will prolly be fine without it as there's little to no lateral force on it but better safe than stranded.