Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 09-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
bl2ndm4n

Vehicle: D21, S13, S14
Default Anybody interested in free parts?

Hello, I'm a new member here from New Jersey. I've owned my 93 HB for about 5 years now, and out of all the cars I own for some reason this crusty bucket is my favorite to drive around in. About 3 years ago I began stripping the truck down to fix some rust and cosmetic issues. I stored all of the parts in a storage unit in my town and I had the very unfortunate luck of having my storage unit completely emptied by the storage company ON ACCIDENT. They wrote down the wrong unit and threw away just about every part of my truck (including irreplaceable sentimental items etc).

Long story short I've spent the past few years piecing it back together. I've had an ongoing ad on CL for the better part of the year requesting to buy parts when as luck would have it, someone in my town decided to sell me his entire truck for 200$. He said it was going to the scrap yard and he would rather see the parts go to good use then end up in a junk yard.

My truck is a 93 short bed single cab RWD 5'speed KA, and this truck is a 98 extended cab 4x4 5-speed KA, so a lot of the parts I can use, but there is plenty I cannot.

If anyone needs any parts from the 98, or if they need measurements in differences between trucks or whatever, let me know! I'd be happy to help and all the parts are free (buyer responsible for pickup). I understand for some reason how hard it is to acquire parts for these things, ya know.
bl2ndm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
PorknBeans

Vehicle: 1997 XE King Cab with 3 pedals, KA24E & 2WD, Yíall

That’s a terrible and unfortunate mistake on the storage unit’s part!!! I can’t imagine that shock.

Sign up for LKQ Pick-a-Part. They send you notifications when a model of your choosing comes into their wrecking yard.

I just got another notification that a 1997 TEAL KC KA24E 2 wheel drive came in due to a frontend crash. Entire truck is there, as far as body parts, engine, tail gate, rims and tires. So I think it’s worth it to sign up to get those parts you need.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:35 PM   #3
bl2ndm4n

Vehicle: D21, S13, S14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorknBeans View Post
Thatís a terrible and unfortunate mistake on the storage unitís part!!! I canít imagine that shock.

Sign up for LKQ Pick-a-Part. They send you notifications when a model of your choosing comes into their wrecking yard.

I just got another notification that a 1997 TEAL KC KA24E 2 wheel drive came in due to a frontend crash. Entire truck is there, as far as body parts, engine, tail gate, rims and tires. So I think itís worth it to sign up to get those parts you need.
That's a really good resource, thank you for the info! I will keep that in mind. Fortunately I have gotten a good deal of the parts I need from this truck that I bought. Any leftover parts are free for whoever picks them up.
bl2ndm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Well, hang tight. Don't know how many members in the NE, who may be interested...

Do you need to get rid of it ASAP? Anyone bitchin' about the "eyesore"? (just wondering your situation with this)
What he is saying is the aerodynamics of a D21 is a brick in the wind.
Probably at least as bad as a Jeep so worse than a cow.
89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #5
Squirrelspeed

Vehicle: 1993 D21

Might be interested in the rear depending on what ratio it is. Also if you need any engine parts/accessories lmk, i have 93 that runs but knocks that im swapping an SR into. I have no need for alternator/power steering pump/compressor etc.
Squirrelspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #6
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelspeed View Post
Might be interested in the rear depending on what ratio it is. Also if you need any engine parts/accessories lmk, i have 93 that runs but knocks that im swapping an SR into. I have no need for alternator/power steering pump/compressor etc.
Might want to drop him a PM. He's not been back since the OP of this thread...

What he is saying is the aerodynamics of a D21 is a brick in the wind.
Probably at least as bad as a Jeep so worse than a cow.
89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:16 AM   #7
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 VG33 Pathfinder SE 4x4 & 87 D21 SE
Thanked 1,406 Times in 1,271 Posts

He has not logged on since September.
cadillacdude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:23 PM   #8
Squirrelspeed

Vehicle: 1993 D21

thank you much, i will PM him