Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #51
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

In the pics of the rear suspension the upper bars of the suspension are running towards the back of the truck - hopefully the lower bars are running backwards as well, can't see them... if they are running forwards your truck has a 50/50 link setup that is something I would address.

If both upper and lower bars are running backwards its a reverse 4link - people use them so they don't have to relocate the gas tank and such but they are 'not as good' as a normal forward 4link or 3link for various reasons. Properly installed and setup I wouldn't consider it a safety hazard or really an issue (judging by the rest of the build the install should be ok) - it just puts some limitations on the usable suspension arc and affects some aspects of vehicle dynamics.

Not bashing your truck just letting you know what you bought.
That said - it looks like a stout build, drive the shit out of it
estetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #52
95nissanslammed

Vehicle: 1995 nissan hard body

Quote:
Originally Posted by estetic View Post
In the pics of the rear suspension the upper bars of the suspension are running towards the back of the truck - hopefully the lower bars are running backwards as well, can't see them... if they are running forwards your truck has a 50/50 link setup that is something I would address.

If both upper and lower bars are running backwards its a reverse 4link - people use them so they don't have to relocate the gas tank and such but they are 'not as good' as a normal forward 4link or 3link for various reasons. Properly installed and setup I wouldn't consider it a safety hazard or really an issue (judging by the rest of the build the install should be ok) - it just puts some limitations on the usable suspension arc and affects some aspects of vehicle dynamics.

Not bashing your truck just letting you know what you bought.
That said - it looks like a stout build, drive the shit out of it
ok no worries. i am new to this i was just wanting clarification so i could picture it.
they did relocate the gas tank.
hell yeah man thanks i'm excited i feel a lot better now that i posted on this forum. thanks again..
95nissanslammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #53
kmanuel

Vehicle: 13 G37 Sport Daily on Air . 06 CC Sierra Bagged, 03 Tacoma current/upcoming project

as long as those bars have enough angle to keep the control arms from wanting to go forward and backwards, then there is really no reason to buy the triangulation kit unless its easier to get the shocks in there.
I have seen several trucks in the past do it like that. It functions just fine as long as it doesn't cause you any issues binding up
kmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #54
95nissanslammed

Vehicle: 1995 nissan hard body

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanuel View Post
as long as those bars have enough angle to keep the control arms from wanting to go forward and backwards, then there is really no reason to buy the triangulation kit unless its easier to get the shocks in there.
I have seen several trucks in the past do it like that. It functions just fine as long as it doesn't cause you any issues binding up
its a solid connection a that lower arm is not moving....
95nissanslammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #55
waker_mikie
lownslow

Vehicle: 95' hardbody, 01' S2K

are you sure that your bags are leaking or is it a valve? just bought a bagged truck a few weeks ago and come out in the mornings and the front right bag is inflated all the way. leaky valve.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:58 AM   #56
estetic
ADMIN

Vehicle: 91 HB

Air it up and spray soapy water on all fittings, easiest way to chase a leak.
estetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
waker_mikie (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 07:35 PM   #57
BAGLESS (PATRICK)

Vehicle: 87/91 HARDBODY, 94 MAXIMA

Clean looking HB you got there. I haven't ran bags in years, but when my HB was bagged I had Contitechs...never had a problem with them the 6 years it was bagged...