Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 01-16-2023, 01:05 AM   #24351
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2, 1994 Hardbody
Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by offjrobert View Post
can anyone help me with specs on building back half for bags on my nissan
If you’re going full custom back half, download the BT section of the Factory service manual. It has specs for the body mounts that you’ll need for reference. How are you planning to do the suspension? https://www.nicoclub.com/service-man...20Truck/bt.pdf
Old 01-18-2023, 03:14 AM   #24352
suntenti

Vehicle: '95 Hardbody XE 4x4 KA24E

I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild (which started in late November... one of those projects). I might do a separate thread on it once I finish. I don't like the exhaust shield (too hard to work around, impossible to remove without unbolting the exhaust manifold from the truck), so last weekend I wrapped and painted the exhaust manifold instead.

suntenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jp2code (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 11:46 AM   #24353
Broman76

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan d21

In the middle of switching over to electric power steering from a Volvo and putting a electric fan from a Nissan Altima. Power steering was leaking from the high pressure hose so naturally I overcomplicated things and decided to go electric power steering. Looking forward to it. It will get rid of the belt and all power steering related stuff and clean up the bay a good bit.

I also got rid of the clutch line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder. I used the ISR Performance Auto to Manual 240sx clutch line. Hooks up no issue. I did have to run it over the transmission but it is away from the exhaust and I zip tied it in spots to keep it from moving. It gets rid of several spots that could leak and it hooks right into the slave cylinder without having to use the hose that goes on the slave cylinder. I was putting a new master and slave on so I decided to give it a try. Seems to work pretty good so far.

Last edited by Broman76; 01-18-2023 at 12:00 PM.
Broman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #24354
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,703 Posts

Those header wraps should do fine on there. It's a lot of work to remove the exhaust manifolds to do that, though.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:35 PM   #24355
suntenti

Vehicle: '95 Hardbody XE 4x4 KA24E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Those header wraps should do fine on there. It's a lot of work to remove the exhaust manifolds to do that, though.
Yep, I'm rebuilding the whole motor anyway, so it was definitely one of those "while you're in there" kind of jobs. Wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I also took the opportunity to brush the rust off the frame in the empty engine bay and paint it with POR-15. Looks like a new engine bay! And it should last many years longer now... nearly all the paint has come off my frame at this point so it needs a full re-paint.
suntenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #24356
jp2code
Software Developer

The driver's side door handle that I bought off eBay a few years ago (ok, maybe 10 years ago) finally broke a couple of years ago. I've been using a hack to get into the truck for a while because I was procrastinating.

Today I took it off and found where a pivot pin had broke:

Comparing it to the new door handles that I got off Amazon, these new ones appear to use a steel pivot pin:

Here is a comparison of the old one and the new one, showing the busted side and the new one with the steel pin:

Here is a comparison of the old one and the new one showing the side that did not break (yet). You can see the old one is made of plastic:

I don't know if it's the best door handles for the Hardbody truck or not, but I like them better than what I got before.

$15 on Amazon, but they are black - sorry, chrome lovers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PQK59B4

Old 01-24-2023, 05:03 AM   #24357
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: 1994 Pathfinder XE

I ordered 3 new injectors for the pathfinder earlier. I've noticed that there's a lot of white smoke on startup and the exhaust reeks of gas first thing in the morning. I replaced the other 3 about a year and a half ago, and put the 3 original injectors on the easy side in anticipation of having to revisit this someday.

I've also been having issues with the radio screen not working, so just for shits and giggles I took it apart and reflowed all the solder joints going to the LCD screen. I hooked it up to a benchtop power supply and now the screen comes on every time. There is also quite a bit of wiring under the dash that I will probably rip out before it goes back in. There's one of those '90s CD changers tucked up behind the backseat, and I imagine most of the wiring is for that. It'll be fun to take that thing apart and see what kind of taste in music the original owners had.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:32 AM   #24358
bejezzan
C12H22O11

Vehicle: 91 D21 94 Pathfinder

Still just driving, alternator that came with the swap crapped out, so I put in a new one. GTG.
Still not completely trusting McLeod HTB in clutch....but it keeps working.
bejezzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:05 AM   #24359
PorknBeans

Vehicle: 1997 XE King Cab with 3 pedals, KA24E & 2WD, Y’all

Heard a squeal on one of the drive belts while “flying low” on the highway last week.

So I popped the hood today to measure belt deflection and adjust all 3 belts and while turning the power steering belt adjuster. The bolt twisted and broke in half. I had loosened the nut on the front of the pulley. So that wasn’t the cause of the break. Got out the thread pitch gauge and the bolt is M8x1.25 & a length of about 3” long with a 14mm head.

I had replaced the A/C compressor bolt as well because it was MIA!

Ugh...
Old 01-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #24360
jp2code
Software Developer

My tachometer has been acting funny.

I pulled the instrument cluster last weekend to clean the electrical points and snug down the steel screws. During the process, my steering column cover cracked, so I'm using a rag to cover the steering column right now.

The work on the instrument cluster didn't seem to fix the tachometer, and yesterday it just stopped working completely.

Another "Ugh..."