Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 05-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
AcroJon

Vehicle: 95 hardbody
Default 91 wire harness in a 95?

Hey everyone, new guy here...i have a pretty strait foward question I'm hoping to get a pretty strait forward answer for. My girl has a 95 hardbody we'll be rebuilding once my current project is finished. The truck is in 1000 pieces and the main wiring harness that goes into the cab from the engine was cut in half and most of the plugs have been disconnected and not labeled. I'm currently looking at 91 hardbody for a donar truck.

Here's the question... Will the harness out of the 91 work in the 95? Both are fuel injected 2.4l and I'm rather certain both are obd1 trucks. I'm thinking it might be easier to swap the whole harness vs splicing everything back together. Thanks for any help!

Aaaaaaand, since everyone likes pictures... here's a shot of her truck back when it was actually in one piece
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1519859906229.jpg (61.0 KB, 3 views)
AcroJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,253 Posts

There are some similarities and some differences between the 91 and 95. The instrument wiring is quite different. The radio wiring is different. Many of the sensors on the engine are the same. Personally, I would try to find a 95 to get a wiring harness from. Or if you get the 91, go into it with the mindset that you might have to swap everything and then do some splicing if you want to keep the 95 style dash.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #3
AcroJon

Vehicle: 95 hardbody

Hmmm ok. I figured there would be quite a few differences. I'm confident enough with my wiring abilities to get the 95 wiring all kosher again, just woulda been convienient to swap everything over
AcroJon is offline   Reply With Quote