Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Early Frontier Forum (D22)

Old 09-09-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
97ta2

Vehicle: 97 nissan hardbody
Default 01 frontier crank no start after hitting a bump

So I’ve been searching all over the forum and can’t seem to find a fix. I was driving home from work doing 70mph and because of road construction on I4 in Orlando the road is garbage! My trucks lowered and sitting on the bumps tops so it’s rides like crap in the front, I hit a decent bump then about 30-40 seconds later the truck died and acts like it’s out of gas. I’m getting spark, and it’s getting fuel up the regulator. It cranks over and starts sometimes but once it does it start missing really bad then dies after about 20 seconds. I can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. I should also add that for a few weeks before this the truck would stall out when braking hard but it would alway start right up. It’s also a 4cyl automatic.

Last edited by 97ta2; 09-09-2020 at 07:19 PM.
97ta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
SVTCTR

Vehicle: 1997 Nissan Pickup KA24DE

id start looking at all the wires hooked to the engine. i have the same motor KA24DE you have but in a HB and there isnt alot to it really. also check and makesure you didnt loose a vacuum line. with you sitting on bump stops (i did for about a day then took them out) it could be a number of things that caused the problem. you just jarred the crap out of it and something had to of come loose.
2019 Ford F-250

SVTCTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #3
97ta2

Vehicle: 97 nissan hardbody

That’s kind of what I’ve been thinking. The bump stops have since been taken out. I finally have a chance to go out and work on it again. I’m hoping it’s something simple
97ta2 is offline   Reply With Quote