Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #19031
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: 1986.5 Nissan D21, 1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo, 2010 Mercedes E350 AWD

The starter on mine went out last year in the parking lot at the office. We have a mechanic across the street so I flat towed it over there with my dad's truck and had them do it. It was around $150 as well but it saved me having to have it towed home and wait on parts and all that jazz.

I got a parking brake handle (the under-dash type) from David29 coming in the mail. It came off of a Frontier but from what he looked at I should be able to make it work with a wee bit of cutting and welding. I'll be glad to have an e-brake again.
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #19032
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
The starter on mine went out last year in the parking lot at the office. We have a mechanic across the street so I flat towed it over there with my dad's truck and had them do it. It was around $150 as well but it saved me having to have it towed home and wait on parts and all that jazz.

I got a parking brake handle (the under-dash type) from David29 coming in the mail. It came off of a Frontier but from what he looked at I should be able to make it work with a wee bit of cutting and welding. I'll be glad to have an e-brake again.
If that includes the cost of the starter itself that's not bad. FWIW i have done one in a first gen Xterra and it's not a bad job. A little tight but there's room to work.

I was really lucky at my old job...if anything ever broke there was a parts store right up the street and a fenced in parking lot behind the building. Have a caliper sieze up and can't get a new one until tomorrow? Park it off to the side and take the bus home.
SBJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #19033
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto
Thanked 1,018 Times in 938 Posts

Mine has been parked all week. We have had well over 8 inches of rain in the last six days. With the floorboard problem I have, I have chosen to leave it parked all week. TVA is running almost two million gallons of water a second through the entire network of reservoirs. The water levels here are unbelievable.

If it rains anymore, the animals will be lined up waiting on the ark.
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #19034
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Send that my way in the form of snow! Our snow pack kinda sucks.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #19035
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

I am bailing for the Olympics early morning March 15th, and I'm not coming back until Monday the 18th. Between the weather and work, I haven't had a vacation in months. The heck with that stuff. Since I had to reschedule not once, but TWICE due to the weather, there's a good chance I could be doing this gear test alone. Ask me if I care. Not many are crazy enough to try it with me on the Early Spring Gear Test Checkout, but I never have a problem. I'm going even if everyone else cancels.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 115,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; Today at 11:04 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:18 PM   #19036
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: 1986.5 Nissan D21, 1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo, 2010 Mercedes E350 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJ View Post
If that includes the cost of the starter itself that's not bad. FWIW i have done one in a first gen Xterra and it's not a bad job. A little tight but there's room to work.

I was really lucky at my old job...if anything ever broke there was a parts store right up the street and a fenced in parking lot behind the building. Have a caliper sieze up and can't get a new one until tomorrow? Park it off to the side and take the bus home.

Yep that was parts and labor. One of the guys at that shop dailies an 87 2 door pathy, so he appreciates my D21
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #19037
urimashe

Vehicle: nissan hardbody 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
Yep that was parts and labor. One of the guys at that shop dailies an 87 2 door pathy, so he appreciates my D21
I Miss my 2 door pathy... 88, power everything, sun roof, fully adjustable front seat, tire rack in the back, 4x4. was my first vehicle, I loved it, but traded it in for something more kid safe to help my sister with her baby...

I had no idea what I was giving up. I wish I still new the vin to try and find it. even if its sitting in the corner of a junk yard missing half its interior. id buy it and piece it back together...
urimashe is offline   Reply With Quote