Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 09-23-2019, 04:04 AM   #20261
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Awesome, that's good to know. Being able to see it probably helps a lot too lol. If nothing else you could try the old carb cleaner trick around the intake and all the vacuum line fittings. On the shitbox mk4 cars I've worked on the secondary air hoses were upstream from the MAF, which might be why it only had a secondary air fault code and not a lean code. I have a 200W inverter somewhere that I'd be happy to volunteer. IIRC it was an extra one that Scifi gave me on the first camping trip.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:02 PM   #20262
h.stickeye

Vehicle: *Black 91 D21 single cab *White 88 D21 single cab

Ordered new genuine Nissan points on Sat they arrived on Monday direct to my door. I reckon my Nissan contact has got to be the best there is. BTW, he told me there are brand new z24 engines sitting in a warehouse in Japan. I was too astounded to ask any other questions but I might ask the price next time.
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:03 AM   #20263
MikeinMo

Vehicle: 1997 King Cab XE 4X4

Decided to enjoy the cool weather so I popped open the side windows and promptly broke off the latch on the drivers side.... oh well...
MikeinMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:03 AM   #20264
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.stickeye View Post
Ordered new genuine Nissan points on Sat they arrived on Monday direct to my door. I reckon my Nissan contact has got to be the best there is. BTW, he told me there are brand new z24 engines sitting in a warehouse in Japan. I was too astounded to ask any other questions but I might ask the price next time.
Holy crap. I would definitely get all the info on that! Try to find out if they are fuel injected or TBI...and if they come with the TBI if they ARE set up that way. Are they complete, ready to install units, in other words. That is big news, especially if they come with the throttle body injection setup.

To Mike in Missouri: That is too bad about the latch. Yeah...you gotta watch those things. They are under a lot of pressure. You can tell that because they are sort of hard to latch. Hopefully you can order one at eBay or something, or find one in a wrecking yard. Your best bet at the yard might be to buy the whole window with the latch and window rubber...that way you will have a spare window just in case.

Other News: A documentary on the 'DB Cooper' hijacking case is finally being released soon by Minnow Films out of London. I did a two day shoot with them for the movie. Details at Quora dot com, with pictures etc are HERE.

Depends on editing, but I think I get about 20 minutes screen time for this one, although the interviews spanned two days and went on for a couple of hours of film. They did do a shot of the Teal Terror, but I don't know if it will appear in the final version. Filming was done September 2018 in Kent, WA and Eatonville Public Library in WA.

I think it's okay to say that IN member 'Nunya' PM'd me saying he received his Lund Sunshade and wants advice on installation. I will look and send him the pictures he requested (Teal Terror has one installed) but I warned him it was installed (almost certainly by a pro) by the previous owner. Nothing extends into the headliner though. I will have to take a good look at it tomorrow afternoon and do pictures for him.

If anyone has any suggestions for Nunya, I'm sure he would appreciate them. I did tell him that the fasteners look like thick round plastic heads from the outside. Not sure how they did it. If they removed the headliner to do the install, they did a damn good job because there is no evidence the headliner was removed. No wrinkling, no scratches on the plastic up there around the edges of the headliner.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 120,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
MikeinMo (09-25-2019), nunya (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #20265
nunya

Vehicle: nissan d21 93 kingcab red

Thanks again to XoxS, I also ordered a Moon Visor installation kit, which is some 1 inch sheet metal screws with caps. I am considering using machine screws with nuts though, extra work to take down headliner. I have some sound-proofing material left over after doing doors that I want to use there. I am NOT considering recovering the headliner with Scooby Doo pattered material.lol
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #20266
Foul_Mouth
Pounding Rox Truck

Vehicle: 1986.5 4WD Reg Cab/ 1991 2WD Reg Cab(Red)/ 1995 2WD Reg Cab(Green)/ 92 WD21 4WD PathFinder

I bet they are just long blocks with no fixin's on them.

Foul_Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #20267
YEPEE

Vehicle: 86.5 HB,95 HB, 02 Sentra Spec-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinMo View Post
Decided to enjoy the cool weather so I popped open the side windows and promptly broke off the latch on the drivers side.... oh well...
oem pt# 83610-12G00
just in case...
YEPEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
MikeinMo (09-25-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #20268
Midnight Tech
Technical Admin

Location: Back in SC again...in the back of a REAL parts store...
Vehicle: 1986.5 D21 Hardbody 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya View Post
Thanks again to XoxS, I also ordered a Moon Visor installation kit, which is some 1 inch sheet metal screws with caps. I am considering using machine screws with nuts though, extra work to take down headliner. I have some sound-proofing material left over after doing doors that I want to use there. I am NOT considering recovering the headliner with Scooby Doo pattered material.lol
Might want to look into getting Nutserts to put into the roof to mount your visor. Will be a lot more secure than sheet metal screws.

Out of Round Tuits....
Midnight Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #20269
h.stickeye

Vehicle: *Black 91 D21 single cab *White 88 D21 single cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul_Mouth View Post
I bet they are just long blocks with no fixin's on them.
Yep, my guess too.
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #20270
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto
Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,045 Posts

I finally gave in to my curiosity. I ordered a set of those 15.5 inch long clear tail light housings (ad shows the measurements and says specifically for USA made D21 trucks) from thailand. I really hope they are the real deal. The ad shows all the measurements in inches, and they have the correct brackets on the back to bolt inside the bed.

And if it turns out that they are genuine, i will probably buy 5 more pairs to sit on lol

Fuckers were 70 bucks.....the better half is gonna be pissed if they dont fit.