Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
Slaminsunfire
Donkey Master

Vehicle: 2000 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife View Post
No idea yet. We have to get 20 prepaid orders before they'll produce them.
Do we have any that are prepaid.
Slaminsunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #32
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Well I should have said I was interested before, from reading it looks like everyone choose the 2 gauge pod with the tweeter option. At this moment I don't have tweeters in the pillars but how hard would it be to get the grill cover and a passanger side pillar with the tweeter, I should leave that question for David29 but figured I might do it here. Where/who/how does one go about prepaying for this?

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #33
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,288 Posts

I'm still not sure about who/what/when on the pre-payment. I have to talk to dowser about that part. My understanding is that at some point, presumably after a prototype is ready, we'll all send our money to one guy...probably dowser. He'll then send it all to them and they'll start making them.

FYI, for anyone concerned about sending the money to dowser since he's new on this forum, I've already done some business with him and he's well established at NPORA.
alabama_lowlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #34
Nick93hb

Vehicle: '93 Nissan HB

I'm not sure if I missed it or it wasn't talked about, but do you know if the pillars are gonna be smooth or are they gonna have that "wrinkle" texture like the stock ones have?
Nick93hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #35
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

The ones pictured on their website show that they are textured like a factory panel.

I've sent a PM to everybody who has expressed interest in one of these.
alabama_lowlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #36
Dowser

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

Hey everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around to post on here, but I've got my hands full with a number of things and there are so many forums out there that I only have time to regularly post on my main one which is NPORA. Bama has been kind enough to help with a ton of this by shipping out the sample A-Pillar to the company, as well as 3 sample colors for them to use for color matching. He's been a tremendous aid in this so far as we get the ball moving. I've asked him to sort of handle things on this forum since he has a much better history with you all and considering I just registered with you guys no long ago, I thought perhaps many may be apprehensive in dealing with an unknown.

Thinking it over, it's a lot to ask of alabama_lowlife so I'm here to update and hopefully answer all questions concerning this project.

Alright, so for starters, I'll quickly hit the main points that many are concerned with.

- The majority of people wanted to keep the tweeter cover, so that was once of the criteria that was discussed with the company. It will maintain the same tweeter location and dimensions as what was factory and the mesh cover will be supplier by the buyer. Whether you pick one up from a junk yard, buy from another member, dealer, or fabricate your own is up to the buyer.

- Since the A-pillar trim piece s fairly narrow to begin with, the company has informed me that it would have to be a 2 pod design. The tweeter has little to do with this since it sits very low on the trim piece and would not be obstructing a pod anyway. 2 Pods is what the company recommended stating the 3 pod would be pretty much pointing to the ceiling if one was installed. This is debatable I'm sure since I've seen one off custom 3 pods made for our rigs, but I'm just going by what they have said.

- The finished product comes in a standard black with a factory style finish. Its not smooth fiberglass. Color matching is available for an additional $7.99 USD.

-The Gauge pods are made to fit 2 - 1/16" gauges

-The company wishes to only deal with the Project leader which is me. The have told me over the phone that they do not wish to receive a bunch of random payments from 20+people. They wish to have 1 payment, all addresses and individual shipping charges will apply based on location. this is especially true since we have Canadain's purchasing as well. After we have a roll call for all committed buyers, we can talk payments. I've informed NPORA that I will be updating the main list to show who has paid and who we are waiting for to send payment before we can proceed. That way its more of a self monitoring system and as transparent as possible for everyone.

-The prototype will not even be started until the money is sent and I have been informed it takes several weeks to make. After it is made, they ship it out to me, and I check it over for fitment, and to ensure the gauges are set to optimal reading levels for everyone. That level is determined by the majority height of all buyers, which is why I was asking for everyone's height. I know some of you are like 6 foot 2 and I am 5 foot 8 so I'm not just going to set it up for me and send it back with the thumbs up. Whatever the majority of buyers height is, that will be the height it is set at. This is the only way I can see it being fair for all of you. If you're 5 foot 4 and feel like you're going to get the shaft, well then commit to buying 10 of them and we'll set it up accordingly.

-I've not asked anyone to prepay yet since we aren't even sure if we still have 20 buyers yet. once I compile an email list of all of you I will be able to proceed more smoothly from there.

Now I think I've covered mostly everything, but I'm sure some of you will still have questions so feel free to hit me up and I'll respond as quickly as I can get around to it. I've sent everyone at NPORA who was interested a PM and I asked bama to take care of that here which he has. The next step is to respond to my email and I'll update the list accordingly. I'll be updating the First post so you can all see where we are in respects to responds and what not. I'll probably just send out some PM's here as well just to make things official and to take the burden off bama. Thanks again Bama for all your hard work and help.

Thanks all for helping to make this a reality.

*edit*

Forgot to add, please list your Username with the Email response so I know who you are. thanks.

Last edited by Dowser; 03-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Dowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
96diablohb

Vehicle: 1996 nissan hardbody

Count me in that.
96diablohb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
Slaminsunfire
Donkey Master

Vehicle: 2000 Frontier

Dowser I already sent you an email with my info.
Slaminsunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #39
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Me too
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #40
Dowser

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

Got them guys. I updated the 1st post here to reflect so. thanks.

wow... 5 out of 6 people so far are over 6 foot hahaha Jesus you guys have selective breeding over there!
Dowser is offline   Reply With Quote