Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #121
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Looks pretty good, did you happen to measure aprox distance your eyeballs/camera were from the roof. If your taller than in the pictures some of the gauges maybe a little more cut off than your pictures (I just ask because I think you were a bit shorter than the average minitrucker, lol, yeah I know we are all tall and have a fear of heights). I like the look of the top gauge after you fixed it, to me it matches how the other two are together. At this moment I just need a gauge pod, lol, thanks for putting this together.

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #122
OnAir88
how's it goin.

Vehicle: 1988 bagged hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
Hello Everyone.

I don't own a Hardbody, (don't take that literally) but rather a 1995 Pathfinder. As many of you know a lot of parts are interchangeable. I came over here from NPORA,(Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association) to see if there is any interest from any of you guys to get involved with a group buy to have a 2 or 3 gauge a pillar mold made from a company we've been looking into. They require about 20 purchases and I'm in the process of trying to get things organized to make it work out. The costs aren't too much either. We're guessing around $40-60 depending on how detailed it would be. At any rate, here's the thread so you can check it out for yourselves, and if there is anyone interested post up some interest on here and I'll update the numbers as we go along.

http://npora.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=31242&st=0

So this will be the Official Update Page for this project.

If any of you are interested in seeing the most current status, this will be the place to find it.

The price quote for the 3 gauge, no tweeter design is $54.99
The unit comes in standard black with the option for interior color matching for an additional $7.99
The Minimum order number is 20 and additional orders will not bring the price down.

Legend

Black - Members I have sent the total pricing Email out to
Green - Payment Received
Red - No Longer Interested

We have 28 people who have Committed to purchase and a total of 29 orders.

Committed Buyers

22 of 28 completed

Precise - 2 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent
Dowser - 1 (NPORA) - Me. Payment ready to go. I Ain't Got Time To Bleed!

Adamzan - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment Received. I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!
sewebster - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Chaaaaarge!
puckstoper9 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Good to go!
alabama_lowlife - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Rock and Roll!
tmoore4512 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get R Done!

Hillbillybob - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent
RedPath88 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Lock and Load!
theexbrit - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Hasta La Vista Baby!

scoobysmak - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Yippie-Ki-Yay Mother Fucker!
dvdswan - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Dead or Alive, You're Coming With Me!

d21-t - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent
KENDIG (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Feeling Lucky Punk?... Well... Do Ya!

SnailPowered - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You Talkin.... to ME?
Koveman - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Shake and Bake!
teixeira - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Laugh it Up, Fuzz-Ball!

lower byhalia - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Kick Ass!
calicraig - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You See This? This... Is my Boom Stick!

shustarich - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent
Inyourface1650 - 1 (Nissan4wheelers) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Say ello to my lil fren!
Bucket-List - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Boo-Ya!
theRUNT - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent
billessig - 1 (Pirate4x4) - Total pricing E-mail sent
snowboard419 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get Some!
4EyedTurd - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received.
Leeroooooooooooooy Jeeeeeeeeenkins!
edicer2 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing e-mail sent - Payment received. I Don't Step on Toes... I Step on NECKS!
Harbinger - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. They Call it a Royal with CHEESE!

Interior Color Options

Red - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Dark Grey - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Dark Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Tan- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Blue - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Blue - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Black - Not needed, company makes in standard black

The sample A-pillar piece for them to use for a mock up and to give us a more accurate quote has been sent in. (alabama_lowlife)

Photos of the interior with the Pillar in place have been sent.

We've started the preliminary process. Thanks again to the crew at Infamous Nissan for helping to get this going.
Yes are you still needing more buyers for the pods. And exactly how big will the holes be the pod. I'm interested in the pillar.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #123
OnAir88
how's it goin.

And will they all come with tweeter mounts in them. I won't need that tweeter spot.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #124
Dowser

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

Hey everyone.

Flatblacknissan,

Thanks for posting up that Official Update Post. It was a reminder that I had forgotten to update it on this site. I've had a lot going on making it difficult for me to update all the sites at one time. I apparently forget completely once and awhile. (I think my mind is aging faster then the rest of me I swear.) At any rate, I'm afraid you're a bit too late for this project run. You'll have to wait until the product comes to market and purchase at that time. Sorry man. Here's snapshot of the "Newly updated" Official Update Post.

Quote:
We have 23 people who have Committed to purchase and a total of 24 orders.

Legend

Black - Members I have sent the total pricing Email out to
Green - Payment Received
Red - No Longer Interested

Here are the 23 people who have Committed to purchase out of 28 original. A total of 24 orders.

Committed Buyers

23 of 28 Completed

Precise - 2 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. I'll Make Hime an Offer He Can't Refuse!
Dowser - 1 (NPORA) - Me. Payment ready to go. I Ain't Got Time To Bleed!
Adamzan - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!
sewebster - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Chaaaaarge!
puckstoper9 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Good to go!
alabama_lowlife - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Rock and Roll!
tmoore4512 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get R Done!
Hillbillybob - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up, Too Bad for you.
RedPath88 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Lock and Load!
theexbrit - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Hasta La Vista Baby!
scoobysmak - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Yippie-Ki-Yay Mother F***er!
dvdswan - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Dead or Alive, You're Coming With Me!
d21-t - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
KENDIG (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Feelin Lucky Punk?... Well... Do Ya!
SnailPowered - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You Talkin.... to ME?
Koveman - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Shake and Bake!
teixeira - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Laugh it Up, Fuzz-Ball!
lower byhalia - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Kick Ass!
calicraig - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You See This? This... Is my Boom Stick!
shustarich - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
Inyourface1650 - 1 (Nissan4wheelers) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Say ello to my lil fren!
Bucket-List - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Boo-Ya!
theRUNT - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
billessig - 1 (Pirate4x4) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.

snowboard419 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get Some!
4EyedTurd - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Leeroooooooooooooy Jeeeeeeeeenkins!
edicer2 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing email sent - Payment received. I Don't Step on Toes... I Step on NECKS!
Harbinger - 1 (NPORA) - Total email sent - Payment received. They Call it a Royal with Cheese.

Interior Color Options

Red - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Dark Grey - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Dark Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Tan- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Blue - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Blue - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Black - Not needed, company makes in standard black

The sample A-pillar piece for them to use for a mock up and to give us a more accurate quote has been sent in. (alabama_lowlife)

Color Samples have been sent in. (alabama_lowlife and David29)

Photos of the interior with the Pillar in place have been sent. (Dowser)

Mock up trim piece with Pods attached has been sent to me for test fitting. It's been tweaked for proper positioning and angles and is packed up for return shipping. (Dowser)

Money has been collected, but no payment to company has been sent yet. Its all safe and sound until I return the prototype to the company and confer with them about the changes that I made to the Gauge pod locations. (All of you! Nice work everyone.)

We're almost finished! Before you know it, a 3 Gauge Pod A-Pillar will show up at your door. Thanks again to the crew at Infamous Nissan for helping to get this going.
And Scooby,
Quote:
Looks pretty good, did you happen to measure aprox distance your eyeballs/camera were from the roof. If your taller than in the pictures some of the gauges maybe a little more cut off than your pictures (I just ask because I think you were a bit shorter than the average minitrucker, lol, yeah I know we are all tall and have a fear of heights). I like the look of the top gauge after you fixed it, to me it matches how the other two are together. At this moment I just need a gauge pod, lol, thanks for putting this together.
Ya, I took that into consideration when I was even collecting the data in the beginning if you remember. I was getting everyone's heights to work out the majority and set them for that height. Only 3 people were outside of the 5'9" to 6'1" range. And it was All evenly matched except for 1 additional in the 6'1" category. Since they were all so close, I didn't want to set it up for the tallest guys specifically though so I went with the average. 5'11" is the average height. Now out of that I had to consider everyone's height from the ass to the eye and not full body lengths so I basically halved it. Which is 35.5 inches. I slapped a phone book down on the seat to make up the difference for my eye level and sat straight when setting it up. That should be fairly close to bang on. Sorry goes out to the one guy out there sitting at 6'4" I don't think it will be that bad, but you may have to sit like your lounging or put a beveled washer ring behind the gauges in the pod to angle it further if its brutal. I did my best everyone, and I'm a perfectionist which is annoying to me most of my life.

Last edited by Dowser; 08-27-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Dowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #125
OnAir88
how's it goin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
Hey everyone.

Flatblacknissan,

Thanks for posting up that Official Update Post. It was a reminder that I had forgotten to update it on this site. I've had a lot going on making it difficult for me to update all the sites at one time. I apparently forget completely once and awhile. (I think my mind is aging faster then the rest of me I swear.) At any rate, I'm afraid you're a bit too late for this project run. You'll have to wait until the product comes to market and purchase at that time. Sorry man. Here's snapshot of the "Newly updated" Official Update Post.
Well damn that sucks. Do you know when the next project run will be?? Bc I wanna install a digital volt and oil pressure gauges and if big enough the small tach too.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #126
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,287 Posts

After this first run you will be able to purchase them directly from the manufacturer's website.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #127
Dowser

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

Ya, you'll be able to pick up them 1 at a time thru them. That's why this project to me is so important for us Nissan guys. Doing something for the industry not just ourselves. Making our contribution to the whole aftermarket scene when no one else has taken the lead for the last 25 years.
Dowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #128
OnAir88
how's it goin.

Do you know when we will be able to pick just 1 up from them? And will get get to choose no tweeter hole or will it automatically come with one. And what's the website for when we will.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #129
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblacknissan View Post
Do you know when we will be able to pick just 1 up from them? And will get get to choose no tweeter hole or will it automatically come with one. And what's the website for when we will.
We really have no idea when these might be available to order. Keep in mind that none of us are in any way affiliated with the company that is making these. Whenever they are eventually available, they will be on http://www.gaugepods.com/. I would wait until you see the rest of us posting in this thread that we have received our pillar pods and then check with the manufacturer to see when they will be for sale from them.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #130
OnAir88
how's it goin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife View Post
We really have no idea when these might be available to order. Keep in mind that none of us are in any way affiliated with the company that is making these. Whenever they are eventually available, they will be on http://www.gaugepods.com/. I would wait until you see the rest of us posting in this thread that we have received our pillar pods and then check with the manufacturer to see when they will be for sale from them.
ok thank you, sorry for asking stupid questions.