Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 02-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
Ciutek

Vehicle: I'm looking for first vehicle
Default Nissan King cab diesel vs gas?

Hi, that's my first post here so hello!
I'm looking for my first car. D21 are cheaper old square pickups available in Poland so I think about them. It would be my daily car and i would like to use it as camper too. All versions available here are king cabs with manual transmission and diesel engine or 2.4 gas with LPG. I was thinking about diesel but last time government want to make a law that only electric or LPG powered cars can go to the centers of big cities. I'm living in the small city and that isn't big problem for me. But it can cose problems in the future. What can you advise me?
Sorry for my english, I hope so you understand me.
Ciutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,702 Posts

Welcome to infamous Nissan! If you find one you like and can afford, buy it. If the government changes the laws in the future you can deal with it then. You will get a few years of use out of it before it becomes a problem.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #3
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Greeting and welcome. Totally understandable English, no problems.

Yes, get what suits you best for now. You'll then have a chassis that can be modified to electric, if/when you want to pursue this. I think it would be an interesting experiment to have a D21 converted to electric... (Although I have issues with electric cars of today, wife has a Honda Hybrid that I hate, so don't git me started) We got the room and carrying capacity.

Cheers...
89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:26 PM   #4
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro

I'm grouchy and think going electric for everyone is a very stupid idea. Here in the states we have no way to support electric vehicles on our electric infrastructure. States such as california have enough issues just keeping the lights on let alone the draw of million more vehicles trying to charge off the grid. The US is also freaking huge! A day trip just can't be done in an electric car here. You'll be stranded for hours as it charges.

For now, in your shoes, I would just get what suits me best. I wish we got diesel D21s over here.

Unfortunately most of us cannot comment on what might happen in Poland since we are in the US.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:11 AM   #5
KivPanther
Furball

Vehicle: 1994 XE King Cab

Welcome to the forum. I agree with the others here. If you do not need to go to big cities much, then buy what you want. If you think you may go to big cities, and that law might cause a problem, then go with the 2.4. Both engines are reliable if maintained wel.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:19 AM   #6
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciutek View Post
Hi, that's my first post here so hello!
I'm looking for my first car. D21 are cheaper old square pickups available in Poland so I think about them. It would be my daily car and i would like to use it as camper too. All versions available here are king cabs with manual transmission and diesel engine or 2.4 gas with LPG. I was thinking about diesel but last time government want to make a law that only electric or LPG powered cars can go to the centers of big cities. I'm living in the small city and that isn't big problem for me. But it can cose problems in the future. What can you advise me?
Sorry for my english, I hope so you understand me.
Hi! Your English is just fine. Better than my Polish, sir.

I had a Nissan diesel truck once a long time ago. They are very reliable. LPG is also good. Here in the USA we call it propane, but it's the same thing. Little less horsepower, but burns very clean.

I would go with the diesel, if I had a choice.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 128,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:00 PM   #7
PorknBeans

Vehicle: Original owner of my 3-pdl 1997 Nissan Hardbody King Cab XE 2WD 5-spd.

Welcome!

My choice would be a King Cab, manual transmission and a diesel engine. 4-wheel drive too. If you can get it.