Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 06-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #17291
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.stickeye View Post
As soon as you start treating your truck like a princess, it will act like one too.
Lol yep. Some vehicles demand that you treat them that way and still break even if you've done everything right. Thankfully ours don't fall into that category. I'm at the point where I've owned it long enough that some of the first things I fixed early on are starting to break again. I put a new clutch in it 4 years ago and it now looks like the rear main seal is starting to leak again. Screw it, I already fixed it once. The old one probably did that for years with no ill effects so it can keep leaking until it needs a clutch again.
SBJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #17292
h.stickeye

Vehicle: 91 Nissan Navara d21 Single Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJ View Post
Lol yep. Some vehicles demand that you treat them that way and still break even if you've done everything right. Thankfully ours don't fall into that category. I'm at the point where I've owned it long enough that some of the first things I fixed early on are starting to break again. I put a new clutch in it 4 years ago and it now looks like the rear main seal is starting to leak again. Screw it, I already fixed it once. The old one probably did that for years with no ill effects so it can keep leaking until it needs a clutch again.
yea, your rear main aint that bad as far as leaks go. You obviously keep an eye on it. Mine leaked for 10 years!
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM   #17293
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: 1986.5 Nissan D21, 1987 Mercedes 190D Turbo, 2010 Mercedes E350 AWD

Quote:
As soon as you start treating your truck like a princess, it will act like one too.

Hahaha yes, I just changed the oil in mine yesterday. Got a little bit of 10W-40, a little 10W-30, and a little 5W-30. Basically just "hey if I mix all these little leftover bottles together, I'll get about 3.6qt like this thing wants".

It's actually ticking less with that weird mixture lmao.
Foul_Mouth (06-27-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 05:54 AM   #17294
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

I'm picking up the Pathy below on Saturday. We went and checked it out today and made the deal for $1,500. 106K miles, it's an 89 XE with the V6. Belonged to an 80 year old gentleman who must be downright rich. Owns a house on the waterfront on the Bellevue side of Lake Washington. Why is he selling? The old guy bought himself a brand new high-end Porsche.

He's the original owner on this Pathy. There's just nothing wrong with this rig. I think we got lucky again. But it's not for me, but for Gayla. (wife) Now she can join Infamous.

In the few times I have bought cars or trucks from rich folk, it's always the same thing. They either want WAY too much money for what they have, or practically give it away just to get it out of their driveway. Doesn't seem to be any in-between. I wrote an article once for the now-defunct website Newsvine titled, 'Ten Strange Things That Rich People Do in the USA,' and that was one of the items on the list.

Actually, he was a nice guy all around. I don't think he cared about the money too much. I think he liked Gayla LOL.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 114,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 06-28-2018 at 05:59 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Hands On (06-28-2018), Midnight Tech (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 06:42 AM   #17295
h.stickeye

Vehicle: 91 Nissan Navara d21 Single Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
I'm picking up the Pathy below on Saturday. We went and checked it out today and made the deal for $1,500. 106K miles, it's an 89 XE with the V6. Belonged to an 80 year old gentleman who must be downright rich. Owns a house on the waterfront on the Bellevue side of Lake Washington. Why is he selling? The old guy bought himself a brand new high-end Porsche.

He's the original owner on this Pathy. There's just nothing wrong with this rig. I think we got lucky again. But it's not for me, but for Gayla. (wife) Now she can join Infamous.

In the few times I have bought cars or trucks from rich folk, it's always the same thing. They either want WAY too much money for what they have, or practically give it away just to get it out of their driveway. Doesn't seem to be any in-between. I wrote an article once for the now-defunct website Newsvine titled, 'Ten Strange Things That Rich People Do in the USA,' and that was one of the items on the list.

Actually, he was a nice guy all around. I don't think he cared about the money too much. I think he liked Gayla LOL.

that is one hell of a nice car! You must be in the world's sweet spot for well looked after nissans!!!
h.stickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #17296
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

LOL...I had some thoughts about giving my truck to the wife and just taking over this Pathy. (*insert evil laugh here*) But once she drove it, and saw what it was about, and a five speed...not a chance I could get my hot little hands on it.

Problem with the truck is although it's nice, it's not really set up for off road camping in the high country, either. That Pathy would work real good for that.

Damn it.

Seriously, though. It's true the Puget Sound area, and the Great Northwest are Japanese heaven. They haven't made D21's for over twenty years now, and still...you see them everywhere around here. Everywhere. It's crazy. You'd swear someone was still producing them in secret somewhere.

Just for FYI, this guy didn't have that Pathy up for sale. He hadn't gotten around to that yet. How I found it was he answered THIS ad I ran at Craigslist.

Notice in the ad I said 'no two door models,' and wanted 97-98. That kinda went out the window, huh?

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 114,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 06-28-2018 at 06:55 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #17297
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,298 Posts

That pathfinder is just awesome. I’d like to see some interior pics once you get it home
Old 06-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #17298
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,111 Times in 981 Posts

Yeah, that's a nice looking rig. I'd like to see a few interior pics, too.

On your little trips out into the woods, you should keep an eye out for a set of 15-inch steelies with mud tires. When you are ready to go camping, get a workout in by swapping out your daily-driver tires for the off road set.

What axle does your truck have in it? If it's a limited slip, you can get a long ways with decent grip tires. I mean you can get your shit stuck way, way, way out in the woods where you are really screwed. lol
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #17299
OldRed

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Pickup

Quote:

and she has. now fuel gauge has quit working and I pulled my codes and found 4 issues.
OldRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:38 AM   #17300
johnber
grouchy old man

Vehicle: 89 4X base

opened the garage door.....nissan was parked outside of it, so i kicked the winch and went back in and drank a beer.
h.stickeye (06-29-2018)