Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 08-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #1
caveman

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 95
Default 5 lug Conversion

Is there any company or person on here that sells machined hubs to do the 5 lug conversion ? Or sells a full kit ? I live in a area that the machinist aren't willing to help out , thanks for the help
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
street_rulerr

Vehicle: 1996 4x4 5spd

why do you want to go to a 5lug wheel? that really impacts the load capacity of your truck.
street_rulerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
caveman

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 95

This truck is being be built for track/drift and will have a flat bed so load capacity isn't needed
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
mklotz70

Vehicle: was '64 NL320

I can do the machining of the hubs. I've been doing since nis720 did his 5 lug conversion a few years ago. He wanted me to machine his spindles, but when I looked at what he was trying to do, I suggested machining the bearing perches in the hub. He went with that and I've heard of quite a few others doing it that way, too. I'm sure I haven't done all the machining though. lol

I don't want to ruffle any feathers trying to "sell" here, but I've been charging $80 which includes return shipping. I'm going to be working on some big brake options for the HBs fairly soon.....5 lug and 6 lug. I did two 13"(12.88") setups for a couple of guys already. The new versions will be 12.19" since the rotors are about $200ea cheaper.

I actually came on this site just now to see if I could find someone to lend me a stock UCA and cross shaft......I'm looking to design a better option for you guys. I'm about done with one for my ball joint mod on the kingpin trucks and I think I can just "tweak" the design to work on the HB's.
mklotz70 is offline   Reply With Quote