Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 03-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #21
NISLED

Vehicle: 94 two door hardbody

i dont have the angled blocks either!I have never heard of em.
NISLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Al from Jerz

Vehicle: 92 D21

I had someone follow me out today as i drove to work, I am trailing straight. That doesn't mean I am comfortable with my less than perfect install but it does seem to be lined up OK drive train wise.

I don't think the angled block is the problem, my axle is tweaked so that i cant line up the male/female tabs on the axle/block/leaf/and lower shock mount, in my mind the angle doesn't have much to do with that.

Also I don't know if i had said that one side is installed perfect, its my passengers side that i couldn't line up all the male/female tabs.
Al from Jerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #23
SmashinHaters
no fattys

Vehicle: 94 kc

loosin th good side but dont take it all th way apart and line up th other, tightn up both sides abit keeping a eye on th tabs. when i did my nissan and s10 both times i tried it one sideata time and both times ended up havn to justake it all apart.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #24
Al from Jerz

a pic of the block and how i had to leave it so the nasty scraping noise doesnt happen

The side thats installed properly..

Before

After ... blocks installed and torsion dropped to the bumpstops
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #25
$krap_IN_flesh
Duey the MOD

Vehicle: nissan hardbody 1991

you must line up all the pins and holes first off the find out what your sound problem really is not safe at all the way you described what you did do. and with how much gear oil is on that rearend I'd check that level also while you r under there.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #26
lil_redd_again
Almost

Vehicle: 94 HB & a 01 Fronty & a 01 Pathy

I dont know if youre still working on it but Ive found that dropping the drive shaft, easy 4 bolts, also helps heaps when trying to align that shit

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000766429244
lil_redd_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #27
Al from Jerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by $krap_IN_flesh View Post
you must line up all the pins and holes first off the find out what your sound problem really is not safe at all the way you described what you did do. and with how much gear oil is on that rearend I'd check that level also while you r under there.
Damn it, you know at this point even tho the truck drives fine, im scared to drive it on the highway (due to the 2 warnings I have gotten in this thread). Im using my other car for now and hopefully this weekend I can get it on a lift and check out how the axle, drive shaft and bearings line up. I installed the blocks in my driveway using a little hydrolic jack and a bottle jack, kinda scary getting under there to see whats going on and even scarier wrenching under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_redd_again View Post
I dont know if youre still working on it but Ive found that dropping the drive shaft, easy 4 bolts, also helps heaps when trying to align that shit
Hell ya im still working on this, im going to get it right eventually...Thanks for the tip man, i might have to do that....

It's just really fustrating because the truck drove really nice stock and it drives really nice now with my f-ed up install but it sounds like shit when all is installed properly(but only when i let off the gas). I was looking forward to sorting out the front end suspention but now it like back to the drawing board on the rear setup...ugh
Old 04-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #28
tattoos&minitrucks

thats how it gos with this shit..start fucking with one thing ...3 people might do it just fine ..but let me be the 4 and find some dumb shit wrong with my truck ....that how it is..keep it up and one day it will look bad ass
tattoos&minitrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #29
SmashinHaters
no fattys

Vehicle: 94 kc

invest in jack stands. they save lifes. and if you do drop th drive shaft, mark it first.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #30
Arturo24

Vehicle: nissan pickup sungle cab 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al from Jerz View Post
Well doesnt look like im gonna be able to get this done this weekend, other things came up. But you guys are makin me a little nervous about the install, I was planning on doing this one side at a time with one jack on the frame and another under the axle. I figured the drive shaft would not be able to slip out as long as one leaf is ubolted on at all times.

Any tips on what not to do? or typical noob mistakes?

could i just use one jack under the axel to get the pressure off the leaf and undo the ubolt, without lifting the frame?
Did mine for the first time took about 30min.
I jacked up the whole rear of the truck and a jack stand on each side towards the rear on the frame. Left the axle hang and with a jack in under the diff. One side at a time loosend the u bolts then picked up on the jack and slid the block in between and intalled new bolts and tightened up. ( helps if you remove the shock so it dosent pull on the plate than reinstall) repeat on other side. First I did 2" but I wanted more low so got 3". Bolts are the same on both kits so just lossend the bolts slid new block in and tightened back up.
Arturo24 is offline   Reply With Quote