Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Commerce > For Sale or Trade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
ScottXGTR
Retired Administraitor

Vehicle: 990 SuperDuke
Default Rules and Regulations

Please read the rules fully before trying to post.

We at Infamous Nissan are providing a free service for you to advertise your classified ads. If you disagree with how we run our Classified area, feel free to let me know and ill remove your privileges.

1. Ads must be approved by a Moderator before they go public. This prevents spamming and makes sure everyone follows the rules. Do not pester the staff with "Why hasn't my thread been approved yet?", or "did you get my ad?". Ads that need to be approved stand out, we cant miss them. Chances are you didnt follow the rules and your ad didnt get approved.

Once you post the thread, you will get a message saying
Quote:
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.
Once you see that message, that is your confirmation that we have received your post. No need to pm any staff member to see if it has been received. It may take up to 24 hours to approve a post, depending on when you post it, versus when me or my staff is online. Please be patient.

2. Ads will require the following in order to meet approval
  • 1. Picture of actual item in question. Do not use a stock picture or a picture that is not yours. The item should be clearly visible. Please have separate pictures if you are selling multiple items. If you are parting out a truck, please get pictures of all areas so people can tell what is still available. Links to pictures are not accepted. The pictures must be displayed in the thread.
  • 2. Location must be listed. No brainer here. No one wants to ship a fender across the country. Save everyone time and make sure it is listed, preferably with zip code. On large items, listing your state and "p/u only" in the title will be helpful if you are not willing to ship.
  • 3. Please list a price. No one wants to guess what to offer, and everyone hates getting low balled. List your price, or list a price with OBO (or best offer). If you are willing to trade, list items you may consider
  • 4. Weekly Bumping only. There is not a lot of traffic in this forum, so your ad will be on the front page. You are allowed to bump your thread every 7 days from the last time you posted in the thread. Any sooner and you'll notice it will disappear.
  • 5. Member requirements. We require a member to have at least 10 posts, and have been a member for at least 14 days before being allowed to post an ad. This is to prevent people just stopping in to sell something. Any attempt to post whore just to get your post count up will be punished. We can reset your post count, or remove you from the forum if need be. Dont think you can outsmart us. Certain forums do not count towards your post count. For example, if you think you can go into the Introduction Forum and say hello to 25 people, those posts will not count towards your post count.
  • 6. If its not yours, you cant sell it. If the item is not in your possession, you can not offer it for sale here, under any circumstances. If the item belongs to a friend, they must be the one to post it for sale. No Exceptions! I dont care if its the best deal out there or something that is going to go to waste. If its that good, buy it yourself, flip it and make a few bucks.
3. Gauging interest threads are not allowed. Gauging interest includes:
  • asking what people would pay "if" you sold something.
  • making a post that says they will be for sale at a later date (either due to not having the proper selling privileges, or the parts not yet available)
These threads are basically ads posted outside of the for sale forum, and outside of the rules. These posts will be deleted.

If you are interested in running a group buy, where members pay before the item is even produced, please contact myself so we can work out the details.

We at Infamous Nissan want to provide an environment where people feel comfortable to buy and sell. However, we cannot always account for every scumbag on Earth. All transactions made on this site are AT YOUR OWN RISK. We take no responsibility if your deal goes sour. We will provide as much assistance as we can. Deadbeat sellers will have their private information released in order to help resolve any issues.

Please take precautions to protect yourself by using paypal, or another secure service. Make sure you have contact information for the buyer/seller. An email address usually isn't enough, get a phone number as well. If they do not give up the information, please reconsider what they may be trying to hide and use your head.

Using PayPal The Correct Way:

I recommend everyone use paypal or another secure sservice for making online payments to other people. But there are some do's and don'ts when it comes to these services.

Do:
Use the service as intended.
If you are buying merchandise, make sure you click the merchandise box. In the details you might even want to include what you are buying, and where to ship it too. This information is vital if you ever have to file a claim.

Don't:
Mark a payment as a gift to try and work around the fees.
Did you know that marking a payment as a gift forfeits all of your rights for filing a claim and getting your money back if the other party does not ship the item? Did you know that marking a payment as a gift only works around the fees if they use the money from a paypal balance? They still get hit with the fees if they try to transfer the money to their bank account.

So please people, use your head. If someone urges you to mark a payment as a gift, think about what they might be setting you up for. If you want to be nice, send the payment the correct way, and add a little extra to cover the fees. That way you are still covered, and both parties are happy.

Last edited by ScottXGTR's; 07-09-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Thanked by:
Compressd (03-06-2012), Frogman (09-18-2013), grandaddypurp (05-23-2013), greenmachinehb1989 (01-09-2015), Los (07-02-2015)
Old 05-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
ScottXGTR
Retired Administraitor

Lets give this a bump. A lot of you havent read this because we trash ads daily.

You must have pics

You must have the proper post count

You must have all the information posted
Thanked by:
Los (07-02-2015)
Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
ScottXGTR
Retired Administraitor

Lets give this a well deserved bump since we are still having problems with certain individuals

If you want to sell something here, read the rules, and follow them. DO NOT try to work around them.

Selling your items here is a privilege. All I ask is that you participate in the community. You signed up to be part of the community right?

if not, please check out these links which might better serve your needs:
www.craigslist.com
www.ebay.com
www.mautofied.com

The "For Sale" forum is offered as a free service. If it continues to be a headache, it will either no longer be available or it will no longer be free.
Thanked by:
Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
ScottXGTR's
Mobile Phone

Vehicle: Crackberry

Membership is still growing, which means we have a lot of new members who haven't read the rules. Please take a moment to read them. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm and I can clear up any questions you may have.

I do want to thank those members who have been following the rules to the point. Any time our job gets easier, we appreciate it.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 AM   #5
pugz
//NC\\ Admin ex-owner

Vehicle: Honda part sales

Bump. Remember to follow the rules. Bending and breaking the rulse is not allowed.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
ScottXGTR
Retired Administraitor

A little update for you guys stemming from recent events:

Using PayPal The Correct Way:

I recommend everyone use paypal or another secure sservice for making online payments to other people. But there are some do's and don'ts when it comes to these services.

Do:
Use the service as intended.
If you are buying merchandise, make sure you click the merchandise box. In the details you might even want to include what you are buying, and where to ship it too. This information is vital if you ever have to file a claim.

Don't:
Mark a payment as a gift to try and work around the fees.
Did you know that marking a payment as a gift forfeits all of your rights for filing a claim and getting your money back if the other party does not ship the item? Did you know that marking a payment as a gift only works around the fees if they use the money from a paypal balance? They still get hit with the fees if they try to transfer the money to their bank account.

So please people, use your head. If someone urges you to mark a payment as a gift, think about what they might be setting you up for. If you want to be nice, send the payment the correct way, and add a little extra to cover the fees. That way you are still covered, and both parties are happy.
Thanked by:
grandaddypurp (05-23-2013), Los (07-02-2015), PROFIT KUSTOMS (08-31-2011)
Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
ScottXGTR
Retired Administraitor

Hey guys, look:

this thread contains some easy to follow guidelines (we call them rules) to help you post your ad. I just want to make sure everyone has seen these because there was an abnormally large amount of for sale ads in the trash today.

Thanks for looking
Closed Thread