Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 02-25-2016, 01:04 AM   #51
Whatdatruck

Vehicle: 1997 Nissan pickup

this is probably old but did the short shocks lower it at all ?
Whatdatruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:57 PM   #52
hardbodyhero
SONIC BOOM)))))))))))))))

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Hardbody King Cab Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdatruck View Post
this is probably old but did the short shocks lower it at all ?

It is the action of adjusting the torsion bars that actually lowers the ride.

Short shocks do not lower it, they simply maintain the ride quality to a certain extent and allow for the adjusted clearances of a smaller shock to fit in an area where an OEM shock would not fit after adjusting.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #53
Takumi788

Vehicle: 1990 Nissan D21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IssaNissan View Post
I bought Monroe Adjustable Air Shocks for mine.
The only air adjust shocks I can find for the rear are 4wd. Can I use those on my 2wd with a 2 or 3 inch block?

I had these on my 95 Pathfinder and loved them. I want to lower my truck (90 d21) but also need it to put things in the bed occasionally.
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #54
IssaNissan

Vehicle: Nissan Hardbody 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
The only air adjust shocks I can find for the rear are 4wd. Can I use those on my 2wd with a 2 or 3 inch block?

I had these on my 95 Pathfinder and loved them. I want to lower my truck (90 d21) but also need it to put things in the bed occasionally.
I bought mine from O'Riley's!

Monroe Part# MA812

Comes with (2) Air Shocks and all the (T's) and air line to run to wherever you want to add air to them.

My 1997 Hardbody,,,,,,,,I actually ran the air lines to under my cab,,,,drilled a hole in the floor board on the drivers side of my bench seat.

I had a small air pump sitting in the middle of my bench seat,,,,,with the air line running in the fold of my seat,,,,,down to the schrader valve for the air shocks.

I hardwired the air pump to my amp fuse block. When I wanted to pump the air shocks up,,,,,,I would snap the valve shut on the schrader valve,,,,and power on the air pump,,,,,and up the ass end of my truck went.

When I wanted to let the air out,,,,,I would just lift the release on the air pump head and the air would blast out.

The pump I had on my seat had a gauge facing upward so I could make SURE I never went over the 100PSI limit of the shocks.

And I never left less than 30PSI in them, cause they say that is bad, and the rubber bag inside of the shock could rip.

I loved it!

I would pull next to a truck with bags, and pump up my shocks,,,,then release the tab and my ass end would fall back to the ground.

I was Monroe Baggin It!

Other than faking it,,,,,,I had them so I could keep the leaf hangers from dragging asphalt when I had my street bike in the back.

The shocks lifted it JUST ENOUGH so I could ride pretty much anywhere with my bike in the back,,,without eating up metal on the road.
IssaNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Takumi788 (03-21-2016)