Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #21
Slo Krt

Vehicle: 1990 Nissan Std cab Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_SS4 View Post
So Slo krt what would you think about a set of KYB gas-adjust for a Pinto on a static dropped Frontier ? You would get the shorter height and ALOT better shock. Trying to decide if that would be better or to get the Nitro drop 2's .
Well Ive personally always been a fan of KYB, they are a good replacement. you will have a softer ride than the Nitro Drop 2's. Depending on what KYB you go with.

I think It would be a good set up?
Slo Krt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #22
Slo Krt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds650 View Post
Would the pinto shocks work fine if i dont have blocks and my trucks at stock height in the front also?
I believe they should work... But there would be no benefit.

They are valved really close to the stock Nissan shocks, so no benefit.

Since they are shorter, your suspension wont Droop (extend) as far. however you would only notice if you jacked up your truck and let the suspension fully extend.

The only reason to swap to the Pinto shocks is due to lowering. You are able to eliminate your factory bump stops and your shocks wont bottom out.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #23
Vegeta_SS4

Vehicle: Nissan Frontier 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Krt View Post
Well Ive personally always been a fan of KYB, they are a good replacement. you will have a softer ride than the Nitro Drop 2's. Depending on what KYB you go with.

I think It would be a good set up?
So the Nitro Drop 2's are stiffer then the KYB's. I used the KYB's on a couple builds in the past and I liked them. I like a good stiff suspension because I like to play in the twisties from time to time.
Vegeta_SS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #24
Slo Krt

I have experience with the KYB's on other builds too, usually a bit stiffer than stock. they handle good and still have a decent ride. I dont have personal experience with the Nitro Drop 2's... only second hand knowledge... ive hear they are pretty stiff. depends on your preference (and tolerance level).

Im with you, i like to play in the twisties too. eventually ill upgrade too, the pintos are too soft for me.

I was looking at these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G7729/

Im told that they are the same as the Nitro's or Toxic's.... just under Summits private label.

For me, I would go stiffer given a choice. Ill eventually be going with coil overs to meet that need though!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #25
Vegeta_SS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Krt View Post
I have experience with the KYB's on other builds too, usually a bit stiffer than stock. they handle good and still have a decent ride. I dont have personal experience with the Nitro Drop 2's... only second hand knowledge... ive hear they are pretty stiff. depends on your preference (and tolerance level).

Im with you, i like to play in the twisties too. eventually ill upgrade too, the pintos are too soft for me.

I was looking at these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G7729/

Im told that they are the same as the Nitro's or Toxic's.... just under Summits private label.

For me, I would go stiffer given a choice. Ill eventually be going with coil overs to meet that need though!
Those are made by Doetsh tech shocks for Summit . But they are no longer selling them from what a sales rep at Summit said I spoke with a couple weeks ago when I called to find out when they would be back in stock. It sux cause I was going to order them ! I have the Doetsh Tech's on my T100 and I like them.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
tweezy312
tweezy312

Vehicle: 2000 nissan frontier

I just installed 76' pintos on my frontier yesterday. It rides SO much better. I didnt realize how busted my front shocks were. Didnt take long to install. I pressed the tubes out of the bottom of the shocks with a vice and a deep impact socket. Sprayed some penetrating oil on it and pressed it right out. Took less than 20 minutes to intall em after. The only thing was when u get that tube out the bottom, the rubber bushing close up. But i zipped the bolt through it with my impact gun with no problem.
tweezy312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
tweezy312
tweezy312

Vehicle: 2000 nissan frontier

Oh i forgot. They were the cheap monroe shocks. Paid about 35 for both. We'll see how long they last.
tweezy312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
hardbody86

Vehicle: 1986 Nissan HardBody d21

Are monroe shocks and pinto shocks the same thing becuz my local orielly said they can get me monroe shocks when I asked them for pinto shocks..
hardbody86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #29
Vegeta_SS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardbody86 View Post
Are monroe shocks and pinto shocks the same thing becuz my local orielly said they can get me monroe shocks when I asked them for pinto shocks..
Monroe is just a brand of shocks. Pinto shock are any brand you choose but are for 70's Ford Pinto.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
Spdelope

Vehicle: 1990 Nissan Hardbody

i've only seen the monroe shocks used on builds, would kybs also have the included bump stop?

Last edited by Spdelope; 09-20-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: subscribed
Spdelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
adkshn (12-13-2014)