Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 05-22-2020, 01:24 AM   #21641
nunya

Vehicle: nissan d21 93 kingcab red

Some areas around Orlando are pretty concentrated with Spanish speaking folks, mostly from Puerto Rico, by way of New York. I endeavor to learn un poquito Espanol at every chance. If I attempt SOME Spanish,my efforts are often met with good natured teasing. If I make NO attempt to use Spanish, occasionally the customer will freeze me out. losing some of their English. Alot of Carribean people in that area too, but my attempts at French are never understood or appreciated. Seems that in any foreign tongue, I am able to pick u a few words, but completely lose understanding of what is being said amongst the rhythms and syntax of conversation.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:39 AM   #21642
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96noOptions View Post
Are the amplifiers universal, or do they vary by single-speed vs. variable pulse?
The single speed doesn't have an amplifier.

The amp works on all year Hardbody and Pathfinder D21 vehicles.

You could have saved money by posting a Wanted listing in our classifieds. David29 is an admin on here and he also sells lots of parts for next nothing.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #21643
96noOptions

Vehicle: 1996 D21 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
The single speed doesn't have an amplifier.

The amp works on all year Hardbody and Pathfinder D21 vehicles.

You could have saved money by posting a Wanted listing in our classifieds. David29 is an admin on here and he also sells lots of parts for next nothing.
You outed my parts source.

I'm talking single-speed intermittent where the switch has three settings:
intermittent
low
high
As compared to variable speed intermittent where there's a knob that offers a multi-step intermittent:
intermittent (w/knob for rate adjust)
low
high
I was under the impression that both required the amplifier. If misinformed, great! Because I'm going to end up with a better intermittent system than I expected and for less money at that.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:00 AM   #21644
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,160 Posts

Both use the same amplifier.

The switch has a potentiometer to control the voltage. One uses presets, the other is newer and is more infinite.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:50 AM   #21645
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Dude. Everything is a frontage road like everything here is named after a plant or native American something mostly using words nobody can spell or pronounce. Everything here seems to have a Klamath Ave.

I ended up with a very strange accent. I use PNW lingo, I can properly pronounce things like Yakama, Madras, and Willamette but I say other things with a light southern drawl and can even say New Orleans properly as if I were from Louisiana. I speak some French and some Italian so there is a little bit of that mixed in as I have family in France. It's strange.

I was called the "Imatation Yankee" by the guys I worked with. Haha!

I love languages. I'm hoping to learn German from a coworker and maybe a little Filipino from the ladies on the line.
Perhaps that wasn't the best example. I had just remembered it from a linguistics course I had to take, kind of in the same vein of soda vs. pop. German is a cool language. I took it for a couple years in school. Ze Germans like their rules and so if you can get past the ridiculously long words it's actually pretty straightforward. I don't remember too much of it now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya View Post
Some areas around Orlando are pretty concentrated with Spanish speaking folks, mostly from Puerto Rico, by way of New York. I endeavor to learn un poquito Espanol at every chance. If I attempt SOME Spanish,my efforts are often met with good natured teasing. If I make NO attempt to use Spanish, occasionally the customer will freeze me out. losing some of their English. Alot of Carribean people in that area too, but my attempts at French are never understood or appreciated. Seems that in any foreign tongue, I am able to pick u a few words, but completely lose understanding of what is being said amongst the rhythms and syntax of conversation.
Si, wey. Necesitas estudiar mas, y hablar mas tambien. Es una idioma muy beneficioso para ser.

I'm not going to insert all the little accented characters, though. That's way too much work.

Last edited by SBJ; 05-22-2020 at 04:24 AM.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
nunya (05-24-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #21646
MacGyver

Vehicle: Nissan Navara 2000 TD27 Turbo, 5 Speed manual 2WD double cab.

Mines a D22 but I got a new tonneau cover made for the tray...
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #21647
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Did some crawling and mud skating today. Mud was only a couple inches deep but like sheet ice with water on top. Was amazing! That was fun! The crawling was interesting. Some loose rock, some mud, some crazy articulation (my truck doesn't do) and some luck.

Power steering pump got angry then fixed it's self. No idea why. Started making weird noises. Shut off the truck and checked the fluid level. All good. Noises never came back.
VG33i
Deerhurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #21648
96noOptions

Vehicle: 1996 D21 Base
Default Shocks & Tires

Installed new shocks and tires today. Gabriel ProGuard - a RockAuto Closeout - for the front and Gabriel Load Carrier (Amazon, RockAuto was out of stock) spring-assisted for the rear. This work was overdue.

Before:

After:

These shocks are almost comical in this application:

Then to the local Mom & Pop tire shop for a set of General Grabber ATX 27x8.50R14. I went with letters out on the tires. Call me a contrarian. I like it:

The truck rides completely differently now. I was running Kumho Solus 195/75R14 (came with the truck) which are way too soft a tire for a truck. The old shocks were tired as well. The rear ride height is different enough that I can feel the difference in the seating position.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:17 AM   #21649
GaBluD214X4

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1994

96noOptions - that is one good looking truck. And I like the fact that you left the rims just the way they were. Sometimes I just want that "honest" " I am a real truck!" look and damn man you got it!
1994, SWB, Reg Cab, 2.4L, 5SPD, 4X4, Blue/Grey, Chrome Package, Power Mirrors, A/C, Factory Bedliner, Changes so far: 90' model grill and lower valance, 97 3-piece rear window, bucket seats, LEGO wheels with Kumho Road Venture AT51 31x10.50x15, fully Plasti-Dipped submarine blue, all chrome painted iron gray, digital only head unit,
GaBluD214X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
96noOptions (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 01:24 AM   #21650
GaBluD214X4

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1994

So what I did today was continue to fight, and lose the fight with the bubbles that some f'ing how my plasti-dip has develop some bubbles in the middle body line.

I tried to inject with a syringe plastic model glue and super glue and well superglue dries shiny (fail ) and the plastic model glue melted the plasti-dip (fail).

Am quickly getting to the point of painting the that body line another color.

VERY FRUSTRATED because otherwise my first time paint job really really looked terrific.

1994, SWB, Reg Cab, 2.4L, 5SPD, 4X4, Blue/Grey, Chrome Package, Power Mirrors, A/C, Factory Bedliner, Changes so far: 90' model grill and lower valance, 97 3-piece rear window, bucket seats, LEGO wheels with Kumho Road Venture AT51 31x10.50x15, fully Plasti-Dipped submarine blue, all chrome painted iron gray, digital only head unit,
GaBluD214X4 is offline   Reply With Quote