Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Commerce > User Feedback

Old 07-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
1989D21
Infamous "Hard"body

Vehicle: 1989 Nissan Hardbody

I am having major problems with Chris. I ordered a full set of control arms for my D21 in May of LAST year and haven't received anything. He is very inconsistent with answering his emails and never returns phone calls. I am not the only member who is having issues with him. Does anyone have any idea what is going on???
Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,598 Posts

You're certainly not the only one who has had trouble getting your parts from him. It took him quite a while to get me my control arms last year. I'm not so sure what's so damn difficult about making a set of arms and selling them after they're built.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #13
1989D21
Infamous "Hard"body

And the thing that really bothers me is that I see the quality of his work and that he is backed by this site, yet this happens??? I really didn't think anything like this could happen with the good reviews he was getting at the time, and I understand that we all have some issues from time to time, but this is ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #14
KENDIG

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Hardbody

I have also had nothing but problem with Chris over the last 16+ months. Last April 7th I took my truck to him to have a 4 link installed. He told me it would be 2 months, 2 months came and went. I've been told 5 more "deadlines" as to when it will be finished and I'm still waiting. He will not return any phone calls or emails again. Seems to be a common problem with him. I've asked numerous times for pics of the work and have not received any. I live 6 1/2 hours, 400 miles away from him so its not like I can just drove over anytime to check on progress, or the lack of. I regret the day I entrusted him with my truck! Hope nobody else makes the same mistake!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,598 Posts

Well, I've banned him so that hopefully he can't screw over any more of our members. Maybe getting a reputation like this will make him change his ways.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
Slaminsunfire
Donkey Master

Vehicle: 2000 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife View Post
Well, I've banned him so that hopefully he can't screw over any more of our members. Maybe getting a reputation like this will make him change his ways.
Laying the law down
Old 08-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
david29
Administrator

Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab

And I thought I had it bad when last painter was an hour away each direction.
Sucks u guys are having problems.
Keep it local I say. U have a better chance of getting ur stuff done when u can pop in from time time.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Rjawm

Vehicle: 1989 & 1995 D21 Short/Standard & x2 1985 720 KingCab

Dammit, wish I would've double checked here before placing my order on their website a month ago. Now the site is down, so I came here to see what was up. Off to PayPal I go to start the process, day late and a dollar short...

Edit: I just got off the phone with Chris, had a fairly quick call back time from him too. I feel we are square on our business at the moment and that it needed to be publicly posted.

Last edited by Rjawm; 10-28-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Full info disclosure
Rjawm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #19
1989D21
Infamous "Hard"body

I STILL haven't received my control arms... FYI. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
Rjawm

Vehicle: 1989 & 1995 D21 Short/Standard & x2 1985 720 KingCab

Thought I'd give an update of what happened since my last post. Sorry for the length, I hate it when posts like this don't give enough real info to help.

The call to Chris mentioned in the last post was made at the beginning on the 5th week from the date I placed the order, I had been quoted a 6-8 week ship time during the automated ordering process. And as I mentioned before, I was satisfied with what he had to say at that time, which was that he had some work in the shop that he would be finishing that week and then starting on my arms and other items at the "beginning of the next week". He told me at that time to feel free to call him anytime to check on progress or any other questions. I did tell him that I was a bit worried by what had been posted in this thread during our conversation and my reservations of letting nearly $900 sway in the wind.

After the phone call I looked into the PayPal policies on the protection offered and found that I only had until 45 days after the initial purchase to file a claim. I decided to wait until the 44th day to give the benefit of the doubt to Chris being able to complete my order.

I waited until 11-11-13, the 44th day, to call for the next update on progress. I was told during at that time, a full week after the first stated "start" time, that he was "just starting the machining" on the parts for my arms. At this point I felt like the delays were starting and we were headed down the road to weeks upon weeks of waiting. As I hung up the phone we were still on good terms, I did not mention anything about filing a claim with PayPal to him at this time.

I then filed an "item not received" claim through PayPal. This is the what I included as my statement in the initial claim:

"I strongly feel I have no choice but to start this process with PayPal due to the time constraints of their policies. The risk is too high to wait past the 45 day limit set by PayPal for resolution. With the promise of my parts being started the "following week" during our phone conversation on 10-28-13 obviously being proven false by your claim to be "just starting the machining process" on my parts during our phone conversation today 11-11-13, and coupled with the information posted on InfamousNissan.com involving the inability of your company to ship parts to previous customers that had placed orders well before mine, it seems a prudent choice to file this dispute. With nearly $900 on the line, I can't afford to wait and end up losing my protection on the transaction through PayPal. I am willing to be reasonable given you posted ship date of "6 - 8 weeks" and wait until the end of the eight week period, 11-22-13, but within 7 days of that date I will need proof of shipment with tracking numbers plus confirmation upon arrival all parts are received before complete resolution settlement. If this cannot be met, I will have no choice but to inform PayPal that resolution has failed."

About 30 minutes later I received a call from Chris who was obviously surprised to have recieved the email from PayPal about the claim. He asked how he was supposed to "make your parts with the money frozen? What if I run out of gas or need wire to complete the parts. I need to be able to buy the materials." I first asked him if he was running the business so tight that he couldn't cover even one set of arms? I told him it was merely to protect my money and that I just couldn't afford to let the money get lost. His reply was that he "didn't have time for this and that it would be best to just take your money back."

After I got back to a computer I added this to the claim:

"Received a phone call from seller shortly after initial dispute resolution had been filed. Seller stated that he "didn't have time to deal with this. It would be best to just end the transaction and take your money back." I tried to explain my point of the filing and was told he couldn't deliver the parts with the funds I had sent having a hold placed on them. It was decided that a refund was the only course of action. Currently waiting for seller to process the refund."

On 11-22-13 I upped the claim to a dispute. It gave Chris until 12-2-13 to respond to the claim, which he chose not to do. On 12-3-13 PayPal found in my favor and returned the money.

FWIW I feel Chris is not really a "scammer" as he is a person that needs to learn to manage their time better to get projects done on time. Although I realize this does not explain the lack of parts in the case of 1989D21.

TL;DR Chris didn't follow through to my satisfaction, I filed PayPal claim and got my money back, oddly feel that Chris isn't that bad of a guy on purpose.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else. It's too bad, because from everything I saw, he did great work. Just too big a risk for me being just over 2300 miles away from him.
Rjawm is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
1989D21 (12-06-2013), asphaltsurfin98 (12-06-2013)