Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wheels and Tires

Old 12-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
Squidbaby

Vehicle: Nissan HB 1995, 2wd Standard cab
Sheep Rim/Tire size

Hello,
I'm new here and have actually never even posted on a forum
Anyway, I recently got my 1995 Nissan pickup (2wd standard cab) and want to get bigger rims and tires. There is currently 225/70/14 stock (I'm guessing) on it but I am wondering if I could fit 16" rims without modifying anything, just simply stick them on. If I can, what size tires should I get? Any setups people can recommend even for 15" rims?
Squidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

Welcome to Infamous, it depends on what you are doing with the truck. If you just want to go to a bigger wheel and keep the truck the same height (not lowered) in a 15" a 215/60/15 tire is pretty close to the 14" stock size. or for a slightly wider tire you could do a 225/60/15.

You can use this tool to compare different size tires and wheels:

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

just enter the current tire size in top boxes and new size in lower boxes and it will show you the specs for both.

The tire size you have now is not a stock size, the 2wd regular cab came with 195/75/14 or if the truck is an SE it may have had a 215/75/14

You can also go to : https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../homepage.html

enter your truck info (make, model, etc) and it will give you the choice of selecting a stock size tire or a plus 1, plus 2 size, plus 1 would be a 15", plus 2 a 16"

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Squidbaby

Vehicle: Nissan HB 1995, 2wd Standard cab

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the reply that tool is really helpful thanks a lot! So, if I were to get new rims what size do you recommend? Are 16x8 okay without lifting or should I go smaller?
Squidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: 1986.5 Nissan D21

If you use TireRack they will tell you the best wheel/tire combination for your vehicle at stock ride height. It'll say something like "this size is aggressive and will result in rubbing" if you go too big.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidbaby View Post
Hey Tony,
Thanks for the reply that tool is really helpful thanks a lot! So, if I were to get new rims what size do you recommend? Are 16x8 okay without lifting or should I go smaller?
8 inches wide is fine.

I moved this thread to the Wheels and Tires section, where you can find a lot of info in the stickies up at the top about tires and how they tuck. If the hub offset on the rim much different from what your stock wheels are, you could have wheels that stick out too far or in too far - and you will certainly need to get your front end realigned, or you will eat up tires really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
If you use TireRack they will tell you the best wheel/tire combination for your vehicle at stock ride height. It'll say something like "this size is aggressive and will result in rubbing" if you go too big.
Link for a Noob:

tirerack.com : tires : Select Tire Size : Make=Nissan Model=Pick-up 2wd Year=1995
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind always.

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote