Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Site Info > Suggestions and Issues

Old 12-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
korps951

Vehicle: nissan pickup 1986
Default transmission leak

hello gentlemen. i am a new member who got his first 1986 nissan d21 kingcab 4cyl 5speed 4x4 about a month ago. when i bought the truck i did a full tune up . the truck is belived to have 3xx,xxx miles and i installed new ngk spark plugs and sparkplug wires. i did the valve cover gasket and added mobil 1 5w30 oil. and fram tough guard filter. i also replaced the pcv valve because it was burning oil. while replacing the pcv valve i punctured the hose and drove it to work like that for a day (30 miles) and it started bogging so i immediately replaced the hose and no more bogging.i recently bought new 31 mt tires and everything was going great , i felt no stress on the engine or any new funny noises. but the next morning it had no oil again. with the oil burning problem in mind i ddnt check for leaks and just added about 3/4 of a quart and went to put gas in the morning and while i was pumping i happend to check under my truck and their was a puddle of what seemed to be FRESH oil. so ne assuming it was a new leak from the filter or something i took it home and it drove fine just like always. i had my buddy drive me to work that day and ddnt deal with it. now im inside my truck and the clutch is now not engaging 😧.. at this point im ready to ask for help. as to what i can seen even tho it looks like its the oil pan gasket i can see the leak is coming from even further up. im suspecting the front main seal i was told ?. if u guys can be of any help i would highly appriciate it. thanks in advanced hardbody dudes 🤘

Last edited by korps951; 12-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.
korps951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:47 AM   #2
korps951

Vehicle: nissan pickup 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by korps951 View Post
hello gentlemen. i am a new member who got his first 1986 nissan d21 kingcab 4cyl 5speed 4x4 about a month ago. when i bought the truck i did a full tune up . the truck is belived to have 3xx,xxx miles and i installed new ngk spark plugs and sparkplug wires. i did the valve cover gasket and added mobil 1 5w30 oil. and fram tough guard filter. i also replaced the pcv valve because it was burning oil. while replacing the pcv valve i punctured the hose and drove it to work like that for a day (30 miles) and it started bogging so i immediately replaced the hose and no more bogging.i recently bought new 31 mt tires and everything was going great , i felt no stress on the engine or any new funny noises. but the next morning it had no oil again. with the oil burning problem in mind i ddnt check for leaks and just added about 3/4 of a quart and went to put gas in the morning and while i was pumping i happend to check under my truck and their was a puddle of what seemed to be FRESH oil. so ne assuming it was a new leak from the filter or something i took it home and it drove fine just like always. i had my buddy drive me to work that day and ddnt deal with it. now im inside my truck and the clutch is now not engaging 😧.. at this point im ready to ask for help. as to what i can seen even tho it looks like its the oil pan gasket i can see the leak is coming from even further up. im suspecting the front main seal i was told ?. if u guys can be of any help i would highly appriciate it. thanks in advanced hardbody dudes 🤘

so i replaced my slave and master cylinders and its running just a good as before. but i figured out my leak is coolant coming from under the intake i belive ,is their any way u guys can help me? this was the part tripping me out.
korps951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:50 AM   #3
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,609 Posts

Remove the passenger side wheel so you can get a good look under the intake manifold. Either that or crawl under the truck to see if the visibility is better. You can also buy a dye from the auto parts stores that will make the leak more easily visible with a light.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:55 AM   #4
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 87 Pathfinder 4x4 SE
Thanked 1,183 Times in 1,088 Posts

+1 for the dye. It works wonders.
cadillacdude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote