Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 10-13-2018, 03:59 AM   #18201
GaBluD214X4

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Have the first projector headlight for the sentra going back into the oven! $23 projectors loom pretty good actually. Lots of color and a good cutoff. I'm impressed!
Good Job!

Watched a BUNCH of videos of that ( for the previous Miata )just never brave enough to try since used headlight assemblies were around $100 each.
1994, SWB, Reg Cab, 2.4L, 5SPD, 4X4, Blue/Grey, Chrome Package, Power Mirrors, A/C, Factory Bedliner, Changes so far: 90' model grill and lower valance, 97 3-piece rear window, bucket seats, LEGO wheels with Kenda Klever AT 31x10.50x15
GaBluD214X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:01 AM   #18202
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Vehicle: A Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBluD214X4 View Post
Some cracking still not sure that these are the seats for my truck. Have no leather in ANYTHING else I own. Just not a high priority normally for me.

Also got the switches and got as much of the wiring as possible before paying for additional "options".

Kept thinking....HEATED LEATHER THIS WINTER DUDE!

If someone were to offer me a nice matching pair of grey cloth buckets from a Pathy or extended cab we could def talk.

Would love a set of clean leather seats, but every set I've seen has split seams. I lucked out and found nice cloth Pathfinder seats and door cards a few weeks after I got this truck and haven't come across a nicer pair yet. There is a little wear on the outside bottom bolster, but it's not worn through and won't while mine is the only ass sitting in that seat. I kinda trip when I let my fat homie drive it because I know he's stressing those damn threads out! Wish these seats were like those in older Benzes that can swap driver and pass side bottoms and backs.

Is there a reason you didn't get the console? That's where the heated seat buttons would go. Personally never been a fan of heated seats. Had them in my Maxima when I lived in Chicago and never used them even in the dead of freezing ass winter.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #18203
Vendance

Vehicle: 1994 D21

I put the bed bars from a GMC Sierra onto her and gave her a super secure battery bracket (a bungee cord) now all that's left is to build the headache rack.
Vendance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #18204
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBluD214X4 View Post
Good Job!

Watched a BUNCH of videos of that ( for the previous Miata )just never brave enough to try since used headlight assemblies were around $100 each.

The ones on the sentra are nothing like the ones I built for the truck. 7x6 housings are so shallow I had to remove most of the housing. These just take a little trim and drop right in. Sadly my old housings are in just bad enough shape that they blur the cutoff pretty good and don't allow the cool colors in the cutoff to be seen.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
GaBluD214X4 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #18205
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Car headlights done. Blacked out on a black car. Not a bad look for it. Looking forward to dark so I can aim them and see what they do.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:43 PM   #18206
Mike D(21)

Vehicle: 91 D21 SE 4X4 3.0

Rewired the radio so L/R & F/B function properly. PO just twisted the wires together and wrapped black tape around everything. I cleaned that up then added male/female connectors so it will be easier to swap radios on the future.

Another wiring nightmare that I tackled was the aftermarket keyless entry. The + and ignition wires were just shoved into the fuse holders. Now the + is routed direct from the battery and the ignition is wired properly. Still to fix is the wires for the door locks are just cut in with bare wire wrapped around it. Ugh!

Lastly, I finally resolved the no reverse lights issue, which made me the most happy (thanks to Alabama Lowlife). When the truck was converted from AT to MT, the PO wired the reverse switch and neutral switches incorrectly. They were plugged into the wrong bundle in the engine bay. The neutral switch proved bad so I just rewired the reverse for now. As an added bonus, the R on the cluster now lights up!
Mike D(21) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:14 AM   #18207
GaBluD214X4

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands On View Post
Is there a reason you didn't get the console? That's where the heated seat buttons would go. Personally never been a fan of heated seats. Had them in my Maxima when I lived in Chicago and never used them even in the dead of freezing ass winter.
The Pathfinder console has the emergency brake in the middle. Just didn't want to add so many mini-projects. And since it was pretty loaded it have the suspension switch, security switch and.... something else... yeah. Just too much to deal with.

I have a large TUFFY locking metal console between my current set of mix-matched buckets. It fits damn good and I have not even bolted it down yet.

All I did with mine today was fill it up with Premium gas ( A-L_L suggestion ) and drive it just a bit.
1994, SWB, Reg Cab, 2.4L, 5SPD, 4X4, Blue/Grey, Chrome Package, Power Mirrors, A/C, Factory Bedliner, Changes so far: 90' model grill and lower valance, 97 3-piece rear window, bucket seats, LEGO wheels with Kenda Klever AT 31x10.50x15
GaBluD214X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:31 AM   #18208
Hands On
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Vehicle: A Hardbody

Went to the hardware store today where these cool ass cats work.

Anyway, I was digging around in specialty fasteners and hardware for another project and got some caps to cover the exposed mirror screws in the sail panels in the Hardbody.

Invariably someone has just groaned and mumbled, "you're fucking gay..." under their breath as they read that. But that's okay. It's inaccurate and IDGAF. I will still you that they needed trimming to sit flat, which took off the tabs that held them in place, which then required them being wrapped in Tesa tape to get them to friction fit.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 AM   #18209
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner

Cats work in my local Ace hardware store too !

Today, on the Frontier, removed the jump seats and started to figure out how I want to build my amp rack/sub box platform, also washed the truck. PO must have drove through white paint, it was all over the lower rocker panels and the bottom of the bed, took me about an hour to get it all off, also waxed the hood and front fenders.

Current truck - 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner ,

(formerly owned: 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd, 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Hands On (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #18210
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands On View Post

Invariably someone has just groaned and mumbled, "you're fucking gay..." under their breath as they read that. But that's okay. It's inaccurate and IDGAF. I will still you that they needed trimming to sit flat, which took off the tabs that held them in place, which then required them being wrapped in Tesa tape to get them to friction fit.
It's all good man. I currently have the metal version of one of those hole plugs covering the fill hole on my steering box (manual steering). The special vented fill plug broke in half when I tried to unscrew it and I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for a replacement. I just drilled a small hole in it to keep it vented.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Hands On (10-15-2018)