Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #11
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

no Consult capability in the pickup until 98 (Frontier). Connector under the dash is check connector that Nissan used with a scan tool that they have. 96 & 97 Hardbody were OBD2 so you can use an App to monitor things and pull up codes.

Best suggestion on our trucks, being they are getting old is to replace ALL the vacuum lines, instead of checking them. A small crack or torn end can cause problems.

Also if you remove the IACV to clean it or the FICD, make sure the gasket is in good shape when you reassemble it, my gasket fell when I reinstalled the IACV and the truck would stall every time I came to a stop. Wasn't until I hooked up my home made smoke machine that I discovered the vacuum leak was from the gasket, new gasket solved the stalling problem.

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
asherlevin (01-10-2018)