Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Introductions

Old 07-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
mimmoson

Vehicle: 1987
Default Hello from New Jersey

Hello all. Just saying Hi from the wonderful communist state of NJ. We have high taxes and strict gun laws. 😡. Anyway thats another subject. I just picked a 1987 Nissan pickup. 4x4, single cab, short bed, 3.0 v-6, 5 soeed with what says is 149k. I needed (wanted) a spare vehicke for the fam to drive around in. My primary is a 2001 Ford superduty with the 7.3 with 110k original. I am the 2nd owner. I use that to haul my boats and trailes ariund with. Itís pretty big to be a daily, plus i wanted to keep those miles to a minimum. Picked up this Nissan and have been working on it for the past month. She was pretty rough. The one saving grace on it was that the frame i would grade it at 90%. She ran and shifted great. Lot of odd and end things wrong with it. Guy said starter is bad, ended up being the clutch safety switch. 😁. Water poured out of the bottom of the radiator. Bad lower hose, etc. i guess my biggsst challenge with her was that part of the drivers side floor was bad along with the cab mount and rocker panel. I got all that replaced, thank God I have a small personal shop with a lift. So the list goes on and on. I picked up the truck for $800 and now have a total of $1,800 into it. Truck runs and drives great. I guess i didnt mention that i also picked an identical truck from a friend that has a bad frame. Been stealing parts of that one. Apologies in advance for any dumb questions I may have. 😁. Tried t upload pics but it says file sizes too big. I can turn a wrench, but these computers are a different story. Ughh.
mimmoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:41 AM   #2
dvdswan
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 96 HB

Welcome to the site.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2618002
dvdswan is offline   Reply With Quote