Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 10-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #161
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Nice progress, one day I will get back to mine. Looks great.

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tatujess (10-20-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 02:41 AM   #162
david29
Administrator

Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab

Oversized pics all fixed.
Thanked by:
Tatujess (10-19-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #163
david29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatujess View Post
First five mins on imgur last night and first comment on my album of build pics comes thru tryn to troll on me askin why I'm bastardizing a perfectly good vehicle and what's with the big ugly wheels and had I ever heard of potholes!!!! Freakin ridiculous haha instantly proving why I didn't want some other bs account somewhere just to host pics lol oh well I'm just gonna make it all private and roll on haha
Go into your settings and make the account private/hidden.
I too was getting trolls making stupid comments.
Thanked by:
Tatujess (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #164
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

Thanks @david29 I appreciate the mod and the info people are so crazy on that site right?!?
Tatujess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #165
david29
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks @david29 I appreciate the mod and the info people are so crazy on that site right?!?
I changed it to hidden but still got one reply so far.
Might have happened at the same time so it slipped through I guess.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:03 PM   #166
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
that yota in the back looks sick as too. do you plan to make new tubs for the bed so it looks sort of stock ish and usable as a truck still? wheres your gas fill going to be?
ive always thought about making a lift gate above the tank and have the fill there instead of in the side because i wanted to do 4x4 flares for the wider wheels i will eventually run and make it easier than adapting a gas filler cap.
I'm using round trailer fenders but I'm still deciding if I'm using tandem axle or single axle. I like the look of the 1/4 round that extends to the front wall with possible storage space but I like super simple half round too. It will have at least a tilt bed but hopefully full double diamond, and still very functional. the gas fill may end up one of the deciding factors on the inner fenders. if I need a certain distance/height from the tank for the vents and fill to either function correctly and/or pass cali smog, I'll likely have to do the tandem route so the fill can be on a mount under that portion with a cut out in the floor. kinda like you were describing but higher up.. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok just cutting the majority of the fill tube to coupler length and keep it under the bed floor and if necessary locate the filll vent remotely, I just gotta ask the smog guy down the way what I can do... lol that yota is a step child compared to the normal jobs in that shop lol it's crazy, there's a 69 ford truck with c4 corvette IRS and front susp right behind it, a 2017 Gmc supercharged and 300 nitrous shot monster mudder for sema next year, 79 ford longbed in my earlier pics with the grey yota under it just got a monster f750 diesel and Eaton five spd.... they are entering two scratch built buggys in the hammer series ultra 4 race in Reno this weekend... it's a nice place to have a spot, lots of inspiration of all kinds.... the monster diesel that went in the Ford is that beast behind my truck in the pic directly below

Last edited by Tatujess; 10-21-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #167
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

[IMG][/IMG] half assed test fit a beat ass 4Runner hood on it today I really like how it's gonna look with the 4Runner conversion. If it all works like I want the valve cover will go right in the sport scoop and I'll widen the bulge simetrically on both sides of the scoop a few inches back to clear the air cleaner. Or something like that lol.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #168
david29
Administrator

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG] half assed test fit a beat ass 4Runner hood on it today I really like how it's gonna look with the 4Runner conversion. If it all works like I want the valve cover will go right in the sport scoop and I'll widen the bulge simetrically on both sides of the scoop a few inches back to clear the air cleaner. Or something like that lol.
I want a toyota hood scoop like that but cant seem to find one near me.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #169
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by david29 View Post
I want a toyota hood scoop like that but cant seem to find one near me.
Surprisingly they are hella hard to find with the insert, the hoods are fairly cheap at this aftermarket supplier joint we have near me and Of course online with exorbitant shipping, but the inserts are like unicorn status. I do have one luckily tho I'm getting a new hood soon I'll send u the link if I find one with decent shipping. I watch picknpull inventory on row52.com but the stars haven't aligned for me yet...