Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Interior & Audio/Video

Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #11
andysarcade

Vehicle: Nissan SEV6 94

I have the factory 4-speaker option in my '94 truck, currently i'm trying to troubleshoot why I have no sound from the back. The diagram shows the rear audio goes to an 'amplifier' connector, which i don't know the location of, and i assume (as there should be no amplifier in this thing) that it has some sort of loop-through connector that may be missing or unplugged in mine...

Am i the only one with the factory fit? I've just located the original Clarion fm/cassette head unit and have overhauled it as i'm putting my truck back to stock. I have a spare that i can restore if anyone was looking to revert to stock
andysarcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #12
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,108 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysarcade View Post
I have the factory 4-speaker option in my '94 truck, currently i'm trying to troubleshoot why I have no sound from the back. The diagram shows the rear audio goes to an 'amplifier' connector, which i don't know the location of, and i assume (as there should be no amplifier in this thing) that it has some sort of loop-through connector that may be missing or unplugged in mine...

Am i the only one with the factory fit? I've just located the original Clarion fm/cassette head unit and have overhauled it as i'm putting my truck back to stock. I have a spare that i can restore if anyone was looking to revert to stock
It seems like the rear speaker amps were 'lumps' that mounted to the bottom of the factory stereo.

If anyone upgraded the stereo at any point, they likely did not run power to the rear speakers and the wiring is just laying under the carpet or floor mat.
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:14 AM   #13
andysarcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
It seems like the rear speaker amps were 'lumps' that mounted to the bottom of the factory stereo.

If anyone upgraded the stereo at any point, they likely did not run power to the rear speakers and the wiring is just laying under the carpet or floor mat.
I got the truck a few years ago and the factory stereo in it was dead, i removed it and chucked it (i do regret that tho). But there was no Amp lump attached or anywhere near it. I recently got the correct Clarion stereo off eBay and made a power/speaker harness on my test bench then restored it, it has full power output for the rear speakers, there is no need for an amp which puzzles me.

Only one of my front two speakers actually worked, and the working one was barely holding it together, new set of $30 Kenwoods in there and it sounds great again. I did remove one rear speaker cover last year to inspect one of the rear speakers and it physically looked good still, and measured 6 ohms or something.. i even plugged in another speaker at the time to it but still got nothing.. I'm going to check the other speaker I think too now and see if i missed something.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #14
OldRed

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZNavara View Post
I was just doing some online browsing and noticed that this brochure photos seems to show rear speakers mounted on the back wall of the cabin.

Does anyone have these in their truck? Really interested in finding out details so I can replicate it. New Zealand kingcabs came with no options beyond A/C and Power Steering (which is strange as the single and double cabs had heaps of options), so I won't have any luck finding them here.
My 96 XE king cab came with factory 4 speakers. They sound great. No problems except with the tape deck. And now my led has quit displaying.
OldRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #15
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

the 4 speaker sound system was listed as "premium" on the options list.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #16
wonderboy

Vehicle: 1995 King cab auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 View Post
the 4 speaker sound system was listed as "premium" on the options list.
Lol premium is funny as hell.
Side note I have an old factory stereo somewhere that worked when I took it out of my old 94. But where it is now since Ive moved is a very good guess.
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #17
wonderboy

Vehicle: 1995 King cab auto

I’ve got to knock the post count out sorry, I get bad vibes from that
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:40 PM   #18
andysarcade

Just as an update to this thread, I finally found the rear speaker amp under the drivers seat (while fitting a towing brake controller)..

I'll make a separate post about my repair of that...