Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Vehicle: 96 Nissan XE 2.4
Default Goodbye all

As of this past Tuesday, I am no longer the owner of the Green-meanie. I traded it for a 2000 Mazada protégé 4 dr sedan. Kinda have to when you have a kid and you're the only legal licensed driver between the mother and you.

I definitely enjoyed fixing the truck and getting back to perfect running order, but the gas mileage just isn't good and the space is not enough to haul a baby around either.

So admin, if you could go ahead and remove my account, I don't think I'll be returning anymore. This little car I have is good on gas and has the space I need for my son and his mother...

Soooo so long boys, I it's been real and educational, but I have to do what's best for my son..
Old 10-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,312 Times in 1,076 Posts

No need to remove your account. We don't really care what you drive, you're more than welcome to hang out.
alabama_lowlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
OldGreyBeast (10-12-2017), YEPEE (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
PoppaGary
NuB

Vehicle: 1997 KC XE

Good to hear about your growing family and I am sure most of us understand the challenges of owning a small truck, esp if that is our only rig.

From what I have seen in my short time on the forum, another Hardbody will follow you home and you will just have to keep it and nurse it back to fine shape again.

Vaya con Dios and hope to see your comments or posts again.
PoppaGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 PM   #4
Boozehero
Boozebag

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan D21 (sold), 1987 D21 powered by 2.3 Ford Turbo, too many more

Boo.
Sad how priorities can change your whole life.

Don't bail out, check back once in a while.
I have been out and back several times.
Eh, you never know.
Boozehero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 AM   #5
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE

I know I’m still new to the site but need to put my 2 cents in. Stay, don’t go, don’t have your account deleted. The beauty of something like this is a shared interest, something that brings us together as a group. I was a member before I had my truck and would probably stay on if I ever needed to sell. It’s not so much that we all have a D21 but the fact that we appreciate what the truck is. After 261 post I am sure you have contributed to the repair and restoration of more trucks than you know. Like in “Its a Wonderful Life” you will never know how many people you have touched/ changed, or helped.
After the kids are asleep and the day winds down check in with us and keep contributing all the information you have on the HardBody.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #6
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1988 Nissan HB 2WD

No need to leave. Your expertise might be needed for other Nissan owners. Doesn't matter if you currently OWN one. You may again in the future.

Back in the 80's, I was driving and fixing up Nissan/Datsun enmasse. I could switch an L-16 to an L-20B and get it running again in 90 minutes. Then I went to Toyotas and wasn't too happy. Tried an 87 Subie 4x4 wagon, which would go virtually anywhere you pointed the wheel but was a bitch to maintain and repair.

Finally came back to Nissan. Out of all the small Japanese trucks, it will always be the one that lets you down least at the critical moment.

Might as well hang around and keep the picture on your name, too. Why not? You were the one who made it what it is today, no matter the current owner.

XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
h.stickeye (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #7
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

he hasnt logged back in since his post. hopefully he will come back. i wish TallyHB had never left. that was a big ouch for IN.
alabama_lowlife (10-14-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #8
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

Sorry boys I'm here.. been a crazy past few days since I made that last post. My sons mother and I hashed things out and we're back together but taking things slow as to not rush, not with what she has going on. I've also seen my son as well and he's so precious too. In fact, she's supposed to bring him to the shop tomorrow so I can see him..

I really appreciate the invite to stick around. As I said, I enjoyed that little truck, but with a growing family, I need something that I can haul a kid with, and well momma wants another baby.. hahahaha that makes me laugh, since our son hasn't even hit the ripe old age of 1.

Either way, I'm going to stick around since I was invited, and yea I might have a little knowledge on the HB, not nearly as much as Old Grey or Caddy, but I did restore her back to health.

As for my new car. Well the mileage is awesome on this thing. I had to order a new AC compressor because the one currently installed is missing the clutch, and I just couldn't find a clutch for it. So far I've tuned it up, turned the front rotors, replaced the brakes, did a trans drain and fill twice, the 2nd time filling it with Honda ATF DW1, which works great and now I'm contending with a miniscule coolant leak coming from the heater core lines. I replaced a hose clamp yesterday, but I don't think it's tight enough so I'm going to go back and double check it.

Other than that, she runs smooth, just no AC but that will be done this week, then new O2 sensors and fixing the radio and possibly window tint.

I showed my sons mother the car and she likes it, she knows I've already put work into it since I got it so she knows it wont fail, or brake down. The only thing that sucks, I have to replace both wheel bearings. These bastards roar like no ones business and it's annoying as hell to hear it.

Well anyway, I have to get moving.. still a few things before I call it a night and get my lazy ass up for the gym in the morning.
I'll check in periodically, just been busy with work and my family is all.
alabama_lowlife (10-16-2017), h.stickeye (10-16-2017), OldGreyBeast (10-16-2017), PoppaGary (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #9
SpeedFreak!

Vehicle: Nissan D21 xtended cab 1992

Yeah, silly to leave... I've been a member of several forums, all providing the value of real people to interact with from around the world. I love the reality of these forums, and the blunt candor of most members. Stick around, Green... just be a friendly presence complimenting the general goodness of the group.

Speed
SpeedFreak! is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
alabama_lowlife (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #10
Green-meanie187
The Rakkasan

What sucks, the starter in my car is going out....