Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #21
veesix

Vehicle: 1988 SE V6 KingCab

I like my yard to look a little shaggy (or spooky as I call it.) But I don't want people thinking that an alcoholic lives here.
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #22
david29
Administrator

Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab

I live in almost a 1/4 acre. Wish I had more. The lot size is 80x120 deep. My house is 28x56, my out side shops combined is 24 deep x28 wide. I hate doing yard work but I keep it up for my wife. I usually have one parts truck on hand at all times. Tucked beside my house but blocked by an enclosed trailer. I try to keep it all nice and tidy and use the adage, out of site, out of mind.
Now my disgusting neighbor, I think is a hoarder. Heís got 4 large boats, no titles, several vehicles that dont run, piles and piles of junk. Who really needs over 10 different sizes of ladders, falling apart house, the list goes on and on. This guy is a convicted felon who is probably selling drugs again as their is no way heís holding down a job. His roommate is the one probably paying his bills. Mows what little bit of grass he has maybe once a month. Is the most disrespectful person I know when it comes to keeping noise to a minimum.
Iíll do my work during daylight hours, he doesnít do his until night time, sometimes until the wee hours. So sick of it I want to move. But my place is paid for and donít want any more house payments.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #23
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: 1986.5 Nissan D21

I like living relatively far from neighbors. I can occasionally hear a lawnmower or some such, but rarely.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Man I am that guy that will knock on the neighbors door for letting bugs from his yard into mine, just kidding.

I live on a flag lot off the main street so unless the city is really looking to get me, and me only, I can get away with a lot of crap for living in the city. I try to keep the yard so it looks like someone lives there gives half a crap but I am not picking up leaves or measuring how tall my grass gets before I cut it. At this moment I have not mowed in 2 weeks or more. I will probably wait until later this week to mow even though it needs it now. I doubt if I will have to mow more than three more times this year. Looking forward to a break from it. I will say if some bastard really gets under my skin about the yard and keeps trespassing to tell me about it I will take my mower with the front bucket, just dig a big hole in his yard so he can see how it feels to trespass (make sure he ain't home first though).

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!

Last edited by scoobysmak; 10-02-2017 at 05:06 PM.
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #25
Boozehero
Boozebag

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan D21 (sold), 1987 D21 powered by 2.3 Ford Turbo, too many more

I have 9.2 acres of land - 2 of those acres are lawn.
Since I am not there much, I pay a guy to cut the lawn whenever it needs it.
Even when I'm home I still have him cut the grass. He has a $10K lawn machine.
I have to keep the place looking like someone is there.
I have 2 lights on timers, they turn on at dusk and off at 4 or so in the morning.
The other 7 acres are leased to a local farmer who grows crops on the land.
I also have 2 large barns full f cars/trucks/motorbikes and parts.
Maybe some day I'll have a large sale.

Oh, and leaves? Never rake 'em. They decompose and in the spring, they are totally gone when the grass starts growing again.

AND... lawns? Ha. I had heavy vehicles (for a dumpster and concrete delivery) They left HUGE ruts in the lawn.
The strangest damn thing is.... The ruts filled themselves in when spring came and the grass grew right back.
So much for grass being delicate. The stuff is basically a weed.

But I can say this much - It's really nice not having close neighbors.
Boozehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
david29
Administrator

Vehicle: 1987 Nissan King Cab

One day I will have a few acres. But until that time I have to suffice with what I have. No car payments(3 years now), no mortgage( land paid off last year), house has been paid for 20 years, saving now to purchase land with utilities to one day move.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #27
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by veesix View Post
That's not "anal," it's probably some kind of obsessive/compulsive disorder or maybe he had a manic episode. You know, or maybe the guy can't stand to be inside his house, for some reason.

I worked with many psych. patients at different facilities and believe me, "anal" is something completely different. It's strange how that term has become so commonly used.
Perhaps I should have said Anal Retentive Ass.

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

But I donít want to be anal about this post. LOL
Old 10-07-2017, 12:08 AM   #28
veesix

Vehicle: 1988 SE V6 KingCab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicalcats View Post
Perhaps I should have said Anal Retentive Ass.

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

But I donít want to be anal about this post. LOL
Maybe. Someone who's "anal retentive" will literally hold their poop in for long periods of time. They really have to poop bad, but they won't. Why be that way? Some say it's about exerting control, others say the discomfort provides a kind of pleasure.

The term is used to describe a person that's neat and orderly. Usually it's meant to be an insult. I think it's a normal human trait to be somewhat neat and organized. I guess that Freud did use the term in the context of harsh potty training, but the more time that goes by, the more people abandon his theories. I guess we're both right.
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:14 AM   #29
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by veesix View Post
Maybe. Someone who's "anal retentive" will literally hold their poop in for long periods of time. They really have to poop bad, but they won't. Why be that way? Some say it's about exerting control, others say the discomfort provides a kind of pleasure.

The term is used to describe a person that's neat and orderly. Usually it's meant to be an insult. I think it's a normal human trait to be somewhat neat and organized. I guess that Freud did use the term in the context of harsh potty training, but the more time that goes by, the more people abandon his theories. I guess we're both right.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:36 AM   #30
djs

Vehicle: 1995 2wd hardbody

We live in a rural area tucked back in the woods at the base of a mountain. I have one neighbor to my left that is not visible and to my right is a spring water plant/apple farm. We have 3.3 acres. Almost 1 acre is grass/weeds that get mowed once a week during summer. My boys are old enough now so they do it. The other 2 acres is very rocky jagged mountain. No one ever comes back here. I love it. I do what I want when I want.