Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > 04+ Titan Forum

Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 AM   #11
tt660
On my own

Vehicle: 95 hardbody,06' titan,01 ford ranger,94 hardbody.99 2dr tahoe 4wd,95 2dr tahoe,98 2Dr Tahoe 2wd

Thanks man. With the stock springs on the belltech struts in the lowest setting my wheels hit the inner fender a good bit an i'm running a 285/45/22 which is close to the same size as the 24 you plan to run. With the struts an knuckles combined you will prolly be tucking tire in the front. I have the bump stops and bracket completely removed ,with helper bags in the back. I tow an haul my bikes so I don't have it as low as it can go. I would try not to use the shackles on a titan, when installed they come close to the bottom of the bed( i have seen pics of dented beds from them). As for the notch in the back you cant really put one because there is a factory crossmember in the way.
tt660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
dekay

Vehicle: 01 pathfinder/05 titan/76 620

mine has 3" bio-spindles, and a mcgaughy 2" spring kit up front. i had to tub the wheelwells and move the battery and abs higher. along with my 265/45r22 (which is almost 2" smaller diameter than stock) this puts me 1" from tucking. but i can still turn without hitting anything. overall 6"drop

the rear has 3" mcgaughy drop spindles, 2" shackles (which actually only give 1.25"), sleeve load bags, and rancho adjustable shocks. i had to notch the crossmember (not the frame rail) and move the evap canister up. with the rolling diameter drop, the rear is close to 6" drop.

ive trimmed the lip off the rear fenders, and when i bottom out with the trailer hooked up it just knicks the side tread of the tire. the front i have never touched the fender while turning, and i dont baby it either.
still tow a 7500lb load with no problem too.

Last edited by dekay; 12-19-2010 at 04:07 PM.
dekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
DiabolicCustoms

Vehicle: 2004 Nissan Titan SE CC

nice looking truck, so

tre 5 flip kit,
bio knuckles

the thing i am trying to get rid of is the 70's era muscle car rake that plagues our trucks. i wanna level it out and have as minimal tire to fender gap as possible. i would love to slam it or even bag it here at school but i don't have any super hookups for inspections and emissions.
DiabolicCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
alec

you have to be pretty damn low for them to actually care about that law, my truck passed
alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
drginazzhb92
GEAUX DRAGIN'

Vehicle: 1990 Hardbody // 01 Mazda Tribute

lol awsome shot man....we need to get together some time over the winter and drink a couple brewskies...lol
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
DiabolicCustoms

alec i've seen your truck before at a show i think last year. i had a problem with my bagged civic, both inspection stations told me in order for it to pass i would have to remove the "adjustable" suspension and place the stock or stock equivilant back on the car in order to pass. i would definately bag it if i wasn't so scared of not passing inspections.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
$krap_IN_flesh
Duey the MOD

Vehicle: nissan hardbody 1991

Um you say your at wyotech and you don't know a single person with a inspection licenses.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
nislo
Pay Up Sucka

Vehicle: 2005 NISSAN FRONTIER KC 4x2

are you going for auto tech or collision? If autotech, just wait till you graduate and get a job as a tech somewhere. Then get your inspection licenses.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #19
DiabolicCustoms

I have only been at Wyotech for 3 months, of which I spent in Trim and Upholstery. I am in the Collision field of study. Its not a matter of people with inspection licenses but more of a matter of licenses for PA. Not to mention I still have atleast 9 months till I am in Chassis Fab. Just trying to get all my p's and q's in order before i make the decision to cut or not to cut.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #20
nislo
Pay Up Sucka

Vehicle: 2005 NISSAN FRONTIER KC 4x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolicCustoms View Post
I have only been at Wyotech for 3 months, of which I spent in Trim and Upholstery. I am in the Collision field of study. Its not a matter of people with inspection licenses but more of a matter of licenses for PA. Not to mention I still have atleast 9 months till I am in Chassis Fab. Just trying to get all my p's and q's in order before i make the decision to cut or not to cut.
Chassis Fab if you work hard will turn you into an exceptional welder. If Dan the welding instructor is still there, tell him Adam says hello and I want some habenero peppers!