Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > 04+ Titan Forum

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
coppers-hardbody

Vehicle: 1997 nissan hardbody

i also am a nissan/ford fan. 3 hardbody's 2 f-150's. i would say go with the f-150 if you want the best of both worlds (pulling power and fuel economy) get a 5.4 or the NEW 4.6 3valve engine. the 4.6 2 valve is a bit underpowered, it will get the job done but i wasnt satisfied with my 4.6. i know here in N.C you can get 10000 off of sticker which isnt bad at all. (loaded f150 FX4 priced at 43k dropped to 33k isnt bad) the titans are beast! i dont know about pulling power on the titan but i do know they have plenty of it empty. hope that gives you a lil knowledge.
coppers-hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
Benbuilt4u

Vehicle: 94 Nissan HB

i bought a brand new 05 nissan titan 4x4 LE for 31k drove it for just over a year and loved the truck, dam thing towed anything and did it well! but it only got 10-12 mpg and would cost me $750 in fuel to do a 650 mile round trip loaded!! of course 90% of the roads were hills! i sold that truck a year later and bought a used 2005 F350 dually for 30k that truck did the same 650 mile trip for $200.00 in fuel and i can literally pull anything!!! ford trucks are the best ive had them all! buy a super duty and dont look back! only truck you will ever need.
Benbuilt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
TiTaN
AZ bummin'

Vehicle: 2006 Nissan Titan

I tow a jet boat and my ride with it and have had no problems... I wouldn't trade it for anything
TiTaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
DDfrontn

Vehicle: Nissan Frontier 2002

I've towed my frontier with my Titan a few times since I got it and it did awesome. I like the f-150s and looked at them when buying a truck. But you guys must have some good deals because they won't come off shit around here. The Titan was my first choice so I test drove it to the ford and Toyota dealerships and asked them why I should buy their trucks over the Titan. The ford got better gas mileage but wouldn't budge on the price. The Toyota tundra just offered more bells and whistles. Both 8000$+ more then I payed for my Titan. I'm happy with mine and let's face it..... It's just a damn good looking truck.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
TiTaN
AZ bummin'

AMEN TO THAT! couldn't of said it better myself
Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 AM   #16
tt660
On my own

Vehicle: 95 hardbody,06' titan,01 ford ranger,94 hardbody.99 2dr tahoe 4wd,95 2dr tahoe,98 2Dr Tahoe 2wd

I do. Love mine . Tows great,even before the couple of mods i've made . I.ve lowered and added helper bags since this pic was taken .
tt660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #17
TiTaN
AZ bummin'

I love how we all posted our truck towing our projects lol
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
lomofo11

Vehicle: Hb-less at the moment

Titan will do fine. I have debates on what people are saying on this thread. I work at Trailer Masters, a very reputable shop in Springfield Il. I'm the welder and along with other's an installer. We sell/install numerous towing products for about anything out there. No, I'm not a po-dunk trailer guy if any are thinking that. It's a decent job to where I can still keep welding around here. Anyways, we see titans alot. Not as much as the big three because I'm surrounded by farmers, but quite a bit. For the price,(atleast in my area), titan would be the way to go. This is excluding anything diesel, as someone mentioned earlier. Customer's that we've had that made the switch from the big three to a titan love the outcome. It's cheaper, has pretty much what they need tech wise, and pulls what they need it to. I'd go GM or Dodge over Ford anyday in the half ton catagory. Ford's are pooches when pulling heavy loads, and that's from driving multiple different setups on each truck. Now, I haven't played with the 2011's yet but I hope they are better. To be honest, we installed a 5th wheel setup in a titan before they even came out with them. The titan pulled a 34ft. 5th wheel camper with no probs. Gm and Dodge both do well, I just like the looks of GM better. I'd go titan all the way for half ton. Just my two cents of knowledge. Any towing questions anyone, hit me up....that's my world at the moment I'd love to have a titan!
lomofo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #19
rabbid07

Vehicle: 2000 frontier

i love my chevy and have no trouble pulling anything with it.5in lift on 35s cold air intake custom tune i made stage 1 gm cam and heads from the factory. 153k miles strong and 13mpg with the trailer 18mpg without on the highway. thats my 3/4 ton k5 with a big block 454 on the back of my 20ft car trailer. i towed my boat one time with my buddys cc titan and it felt like it swayd to much going down the highway and just didnt fell as good as it did with the chevy. my buddy hates pulling with his titan. i work at a dodge dealership and wouldnt buy anything they make. my girlfriends dad has a 2010 f150 with a 5.4 and its a dog. we couldnt even get it to bark the tires without soaking the road. and had hell trying to pull a uhaul trailer. plus gotta love how the fords like to shoot the sparkplugs out of the heads or break off in the head when you change them mainly on the 3valve motors. money in the bank to me when they do that.i get atleast 2 a month to fix on the side at home.

rabbid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #20
lomofo11

Vehicle: Hb-less at the moment

True, the chevy's feel like they have a little less sway when pulling. But a $150 sway control kit will take that away real quick and easy

1up on the ford's being pooches pulling.....not trying to start debates here just stating truth
lomofo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
racetruck43 (01-22-2012)