Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE
Default Truck carry

I CC and have my favorite ways to carry be it a pocket holster or strapped to my hip depending on the weather and what firearm Iím going to carry that day.
How do you all carry in your D21?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #2
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 86.5 V6 SE auto

depends on which handgun i have with me. my LCP used to stay in the center console, then there was a rash of thieves running around so i took it out of the truck. now its usually in my pocket. the two i carry the most is a full size 45 at 4oclock in an aliengear or desanti thumb break pancake holster, and my ruger 44 mag snubby 2.5 inch barrel. the 44 mag is the gun i carry when i want to just express FUCK YOU to anyone.

the laws here arent as anal about open carry. OC is legal with the state permit, and that is why its named the tennessee handgun carry permit. open or concealed. no need to worry about printing. i know florida went through a state with the concealed licenses and a weapon printing while concealed was a big no no.

tennessee FINALLY got on the bandwagon with the other southern states in 2013 i think it was. they finally passed legal car carry with no permit. it can be loaded anywhere open or concealed in the car, just not under your leg if you dont have a permit.

i remember the day that law was voted on.........its kinda slick how the bill sponsor made every hunter in the legislative chamber realize they had violated the law. the law used to state that unless you had a carry permit, the gun had to be stored locked away from the ammo in a different location. and that also applied to long guns no matter if you had a permit or not.

then he asked how many of them had the shotgun and shells in the front seat when going hunting. almost all of them raised their hands. then he read the current law about the ammo being stored away from the gun that had to be locked. they realized right then the law need to be changed. and car carry and loaded long gun carry has been legal ever since. we still cant open carry loaded long guns though. not yet anyway.

didnt mean to strafe off topic.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:37 AM   #3
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

I almost always either open or concealed carry. Very rare when I leave it in the truck other than my work hours. I usually just stuff it in a bag under the passenger seat from the back.

Like caddie I occasionally open carry a 44 but its a 44SPL with a 2 inch barrel. Its basically the equivalent of lobbing rocks. 240gr JHP!

Been thinking about designing and 3D printing a mount for a pistol. For now Im just printing magazine pouches and other random stuff.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
Tropicalcats

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan King Cab XE

My LCP is usually in a Sticky pocket holster, which is almost always with me. But, as a pocket carry I need to pull it out/in getting in and out of the truck.I also have a under the seat gun vault with a combination lock if I’m toting around the Glock 45. Being in Florida it’s much harder to conceal the Glock when your in light clothes or a T shirt most of the time. I’ve seen some auto holster that mount in the cab but haven’t seen any that I like enough to buy yet.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

i have seen the magnet type devices that hold the gun. i dont know about you, but i value the nice finishes of my handguns. other than the pocket wear on my LCP, i just dont want something to ruin the blueing of the firearms. my ruger american 45 is just beautiful. not a mark on it anywhere. but it also lives in that thumb break pancake desantis holster all the time.

i have a ruger alaskan 44 mag that i would loose my mind over if the satin stainless finish ever got scratched. it also lives in a ruger made all leather holster. im seriously debating on having a custom exotic holster made for that revolver. like elephant, shark, or maybe stingray with some of the income tax refund. those holsters run 350 to 500 bucks. but since the replacement cost of that revolver is well over a grand, that is money well spent as far as im concerned.

i can wedge the 45 between the console and the passenger seat. i leave the thumb break open, so if i had to ever draw the weapon, that is one less thing to mess with.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

the holster takes the damage. that is why i bought a good one. the only wear marks on the 45 are the slide lock release (holster wear) and the mag release. both of those have a minor bit of fading due to the fact that is the side that is against my body or clothing. i can live with that. both of those parts are easily replaced if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9144DDDF-622C-4D18-8119-E16EEABCFC23.jpg (16.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 319E7648-B191-4B88-886F-06C1BCD33770.jpg (17.2 KB, 6 views)