Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > 04+ Titan Forum

Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
GraphicDisorder

Default Shifter issue.

I have a 2007 Titan Crew Cab.

Any idea why I can not put the gear selector in anything but Park/Drive/Reverse/Neutral? I am unable to put it in 4/3/2/1. I am also unable to use the manual shifting button on the shifter. None of it works at all?

I figured I would ask here before I start trying to chase it down myself.
http://www.graphicdisorder.com
GraphicDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
cheeks

Vehicle: 1985 720 king cab

Brandt check the wiring for that switch seems to be a common problem and from what i read the harness is super short so every time you shift into park it tugs on the wires in the plug. and some people say nissan will repair it under a warranty but with a truck that looks as good as yours they may be scared to touch it.
cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
GraphicDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
Brandt check the wiring for that switch seems to be a common problem and from what i read the harness is super short so every time you shift into park it tugs on the wires in the plug. and some people say nissan will repair it under a warranty but with a truck that looks as good as yours they may be scared to touch it.
Cool, so are guys just extending them a little?

Would that harness have anything to do with it not going into 4/3/2/1? By that I mean I cant even use the shifter and put it in anything but Park/Reverse/Drive/Neutral.

The manual shift button also doesn't work.

So 2 issues I guess. Ill check that harness.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
tt660
On my own

Vehicle: 95 hardbody,06' titan,01 ford ranger,94 hardbody.99 2dr tahoe 4wd,95 2dr tahoe,98 2Dr Tahoe 2wd

Brandt, the shifter cannot be put into 4,3,2,1. The only way to get into those gears manually is with the toggle switch on the shifter and to activate that there is a button on the end of the shifter. Oh and this is if you have a column shifter,which is how my titan is.
tt660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
GraphicDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt660 View Post
Brandt, the shifter cannot be put into 4,3,2,1. The only way to get into those gears manually is with the toggle switch on the shifter and to activate that there is a button on the end of the shifter. Oh and this is if you have a column shifter,which is how my titan is.
Ya I ended up fixing it today, the black wire coming out of the shifter was pulled completely out of the harness, I was reading they were a bit short from the factory and at times could pull out. So I fixed it today.

Also fixed my AC, just needed a resistor, it was only working on full blast. So other than the tire pressure sensor light on we have a fully functioning truck again. Haha.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
72br0s

Vehicle: 1984 nissan 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDisorder View Post
Ya I ended up fixing it today, the black wire coming out of the shifter was pulled completely out of the harness, I was reading they were a bit short from the factory and at times could pull out. So I fixed it today.

Also fixed my AC, just needed a resistor, it was only working on full blast. So other than the tire pressure sensor light on we have a fully functioning truck again. Haha.

x2 on the tire pressure sensor light.. It's weird cause these same wheels were on my old one and now on my new one the dealer says he can't make it work.. it had no light b/c dude that had truck b4 me was able to get it cleared.. who knows?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
tt660
On my own

Vehicle: 95 hardbody,06' titan,01 ford ranger,94 hardbody.99 2dr tahoe 4wd,95 2dr tahoe,98 2Dr Tahoe 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDisorder View Post

Cool deal, glad you got it working, i'll have to remember that if mine ever quits on me. Really nice truck you got there. A buddy of mine was trying to get me to consider to buy that truck when it came up for sale and then someone bought it, guess I know who now lol...
tt660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
GraphicDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt660 View Post
Cool deal, glad you got it working, i'll have to remember that if mine ever quits on me. Really nice truck you got there. A buddy of mine was trying to get me to consider to buy that truck when it came up for sale and then someone bought it, guess I know who now lol...

Thanks, ya I snagged it up for basically book value. So I got free paint, wheels, bags, stereo, and such. Stole that sucker. LOL.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
GraphicDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72br0s View Post
x2 on the tire pressure sensor light.. It's weird cause these same wheels were on my old one and now on my new one the dealer says he can't make it work.. it had no light b/c dude that had truck b4 me was able to get it cleared.. who knows?
Ya I don't care about that light being on, gave up on it LOL. If thats the worst thing I got to deal with I can manage I think.