Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 03-28-2017, 01:36 AM   #21
Hardbody92

Vehicle: 1992 hardbody

Keep it up man great progress. Make sure you get metal guides for your timing chain setup
Old 05-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #22
Megagwar

Vehicle: 1992 Nissan D21

Rebuilt rear brakes

Redrilled hangars, belltech lowering leaf springs, and 2" lowering blocks
Loving how much lower the truck is!!!! Currently on 15x7 4runner wheels. 55 sidewall. Gonna bump up to 16" wheels and 50 sidewall tires.

Cleaned up engine bay

Then painted it!!!

Painted interior with bedliner spray. Truck looks way better like this.

Got seat brackets being made and waiting for them to come in. Still not sure what seat i want, but probably the NRG FRP seat.

Got everything under the dash gutted.

Transmission is being rebuilt and waiting for Clevite main and connecting rod bearings to come in, backorder for 3 weeks........ but i have everything else for the bottom end to be rebuilt. Gonna be sending head in to be cleaned up and redone too. Just stock rebuild for now.

ITS COMING ALONG THO!!!
Megagwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #23
Megagwar

Finally got my seat installed. Went with a Kirkey seat.

Cleaned and painted some brackets and pullies

Really love how my valve cover came out!

Touched up the grill and lower front lip. Looks 10000000x better!

Clevite bearings were a no go. Ended up getting oem nissan bearings all the way around. Slowly working on the block and buttoning up a few things here and there.

Also, i installed a 240 trans
Old 01-11-2018, 03:32 AM   #24
Megagwar

Engine is in, 240 intake is on, 240 trans is connected, everything wired up right. But I’m stuck at this....

Engine cranks but won’t turn over.
I had issues with starter, but I was forgetting grounds on engine and trans. Works fine now. Cranks good.
Brand new battery.
Bypassed clutch safety on fender and under clutch pedal.
Got spark on all spark plugs... that would assume distributor and spark plug cables are good, right?
Would crank and crank, but no turn over.
Engine has been rebuilt. So i installed a new oil pump and distributor. Didn’t realize I had the rotor inside the cap off 180 degrees. Fixed it, still won’t turn over.

I thought maybe the 240 ecu I had was bad. So I plugged in the truck ecu in. No differences.

Got fresh fuel in the truck as well and fuel is pushing thru. Got everything in time as well.

Missing anything? Feel like it’s something super simple I’m forgetting about. Just can’t get the truck to finally turn over. So close!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:18 AM   #25
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megagwar View Post
Engine is in, 240 intake is on, 240 trans is connected, everything wired up right. But I’m stuck at this....

Engine cranks but won’t turn over.
I had issues with starter, but I was forgetting grounds on engine and trans. Works fine now. Cranks good.
Brand new battery.
Bypassed clutch safety on fender and under clutch pedal.
Got spark on all spark plugs... that would assume distributor and spark plug cables are good, right?
Would crank and crank, but no turn over.
Engine has been rebuilt. So i installed a new oil pump and distributor. Didn’t realize I had the rotor inside the cap off 180 degrees. Fixed it, still won’t turn over.

I thought maybe the 240 ecu I had was bad. So I plugged in the truck ecu in. No differences.

Got fresh fuel in the truck as well and fuel is pushing thru. Got everything in time as well.

Missing anything? Feel like it’s something super simple I’m forgetting about. Just can’t get the truck to finally turn over. So close!
It started and ran before you tore into it, right? I would check the ground for the crank position sensor. It's a little spade connector on the side of the distributor that plugs into a little black wire. If you are getting spark and the fuel pressure is reaching the injectors then I would imagine the problem is that the injectors are not firing. The ECU relies on the input from the crank position sensor to tell the injectors when to fire. I would also verify that you are getting 12V at the injectors. The ECU fires them by grounding them out. If you are not I would check the fusible links, one of them is responsible for powering the injectors. The coolant temp sensor can also cause a no-start if the ECU is unable to determine the engine's temperature.
SBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
Megagwar

Yea it started before I tore into it.

I have that connector on the side of distributor plugged in
I will check the injectors, haven’t done that yet.
The fusible link is brand new.

Appreciate the info.

I don’t wanna give up on this truck!
Old 01-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #27
Megagwar

Update:

So I had fuel lines backwards... flipped them. Nothing.

I checked each injector plug and all had 12V.

Injector 1,2, and 4 were within the resistance range from 10-15 ohms. They were at 14.5
Injector 3 wasnít getting anything at all. Didnít have another injector to test out.

Tried another distributor I had. One is original distributor, other is some aftermarket I grabbed from a friend.
Original distributor was a hitachi style and the aftermarket one was a Mitsubishi style.
Still nothing.

First pic attached is the plug on distributor for crank position? The one SBJ mentioned?

Second attached pic.... are these grounded ok for being mounted on 240 intake manifold?

Third pic... arenít these both coolant temp sensors???
Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 AM   #28
91nissan94

Vehicle: 91nissan hb

First pic is just a ground. 2nd yes that is ok. 3rd the 2 wire one is ecu temp sensor and one wire is the gauge sensor.
91nissan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 AM   #29
Megagwar

Isn’t the crank or cam sensor in the distributor?

How often do those sensors go bad? Not very often right? Wondering if I should replace them. Worked on the truck before I rebuilt it.

Also, everything I check and replace... when I go to crank it, I try it on both truck and 240 ecu. Just doesn’t turn over.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #30
Megagwar

I want to get a confirmation on this.... I was reading on some 240 forums that if a crank sensor is bad, I wouldn’t be getting spark..? Is that true?