Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 10-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
battleaxe

Vehicle: 1991 D21
Default The little truck that could, Putt Putt

Figured I'm finally getting around to doing things to my truck that I've had for so long. I've had the truck for about 8yrs or so, got it because my old daily became a 'race car' since then its been the back bone of getting me around.

Only had a couple mishaps in the time ive had it:
My driveshaft yolk to transmission exploded and a tie rod outer broke in the snow on my drive from Surrey to Richmond, a 30+km drive in the snow
and my LCA ball joint popped out at a friends house when i went to do a U Turn. :/

this is more or less how its looked for a long time. i took the grill out cause previous to me it was in a front end collision and the hood striker sits a bit low. got those chrome pathfinder? wheels to replace my ugly steelies. these wheels are awful though. one of them never wants a tire to seat. its gone flat on me double digit times, even with bead sealing it 3 separate times, both in and out. i need to clean the inside of that wheel when i put snows on it.
when i got it, it came with a canopy that was sold immediately.
the front is lower cause i didnt mark the torsions when i took them out when i replace my LCA's. was my first time so i didnt know how to mark them. Now they sit on the bump stops

this past winter before driving it again i did the rear brakes finally. i have a working e brake now

also while the truck was in the shop i swapped in a momo wheel and hub from a s13. had my old stock s13 steering wheel previous to this and imo was the best of the wheels ive used to turn the wheel with no power steering.

when i got the truck it was GROSS inside. my dad and i promtly removed the carpeting, interior and bench seat and junked the lot of it. dad came across those other seats in a junk yard and then shampoo'd them. i have some s14 seats to finally replace these..though, being 6'3 and driving a regular cab gets to me some days. had the truck for too long to want to give it away

also at this time i wanted to make it quieter. a large section of exhaust vanished one day, from the cat to the tail pipe. so i had a friend with this spare beat up exhaust from a s13 once again (notice a trend?) so i welded that on there for the time being. much better than before with that added resonator, just crammed er in there and hung it from where i could. going to redo it from the exhaust manifold back this winter.

doing some maintenance before penticton, topping up fluids, checking tire pressures, all that jazz. making my bed area in the back there. borrowed a canopy from a friend of mine.

in Hope, with my friend Warren, going to the Drift Union Invitational this past summer. put the greddy water temp gauge in before penticton as i didnt know if my stock gauge cluster was working as it should, turns out it was. runs at a steady 80C and it reached just over 90C at the peak of coming home from penticton...i was sweatin

doing a tire run

a little more japanese this time. sadly the momo hub doesnt accomidate nardis bolt pattern and i had no converter rings, so a spare quick release was used.... brang the wheel waaay too close for me, so i swapped it eventually with a 360 Classic Wood and HKB hub which has both patterns

I got these 4x4 Bradleys from Japan as well, 16x8 +0
only the rear two tires seated and i needed them to replace that leaking tire, got the other pair for the front to bead blast them on. got shocks to put in and press the leafs down so the ride height will be level. gotta take the bump stops out as well. lots to do.

painted the spare sohc valve cover for the truck, this was from a s13 as well, ill be putting this on when i put the sohc s13 proper intake manifold on.

Its taken me on many trips to the states and just recently to Penticton.
I got the truck with around 533,xxx kms, and now its 645,xxx kms. I was told by the guy I bought it from that it was an X Nissan Parts truck.

In the process of looking for a new daily for my gf and I to drive and in that time I'll be doing some things to sort out my truck and making it nice to drive again.

Last edited by battleaxe; 12-06-2013 at 05:18 AM.
battleaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
veesix

Vehicle: 1988 SE V6 KingCab

Nice pictures. A little large maybe. I was scrolling sideways. The last image of the engine is about the right size.
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
dvdswan
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 96 HB

I was thinking the same. last pic good size. other pics.... there still good. lol
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2618002
dvdswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
battleaxe

whoa haha sorry about that. those are old pics of after i changed the sizing. now that the post has posted ill edit it and make the pictures smaller. quite rediculous in size. sorry about that guys!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
scoobysmak
Xtreme Lowz

Vehicle: 90 KA24 2wd Std Cab, 91 SR20DET 2wd Ext Cab

Well better too big than none at all, lol. Nice truck.

87 Nissan Pathfinder...on hold... , 93 Nissan Pickup Long Bed.....needs help!!!
scoobysmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
battleaxe

pics are all fixed now, re wrote some things.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Miggz707
12/85' HB SBC V8 SWAP

Vehicle: 1986 HB Reg Cab

Is it just me or the first pic, but why does the rear tire look like it has camber?

SBC V8 350 carbed-TH400, Dana 44 LSD, X-drilled/slotted rotors, 4" blocks, pintos, 17" Z71's.
Miggz707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
battleaxe

its on a massive hill and the shocks are crud. so the axle is mega tilted. looks good with camber tho eh? i think so hahaha
Thanked by:
Miggz707 (12-06-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Lowlyfe
Highly Medicated

Vehicle: 93 Hardbody

Wow this looks alot like my truck when I first got it but with only about 400 thousand + more miles LOL.

Im looking forward to the updates.
Lowlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #10
battleaxe

truck is now just over 655,xxx kms. and parked for the time being. got another daily to replace the truck for the time being while i give it some TLC. already need my truck for truck stuff

got a 94 corolla, auto. no brakes, no TLC ever. cleaned the crap out of it. found out no brakes was the result of only having 3 brake pads and half the rotor missing. replaced those with some brembo blanks, hawk pads, did ss lines all around, put a water temp gauge in cause i didnt know how accurate the stock one was. put some winter tires on and changed belts, plugs, plug wires, valve cover gasket. soo many things.

pics of corolla