Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 12-25-2017, 08:48 AM   #171
godzilla

Vehicle: hardbody 1996

im really enjoying this build , u have some cool ideas and do great work. i read further up how you were being criticized for cutting up a perfectly good truck , do these people have nothing better to do than criticize ? im of the opinion, that if you dont like what you seeing just shut the hell up and move on. no one is forcing them to look at your build. i dont mind criticism but thers a good way to do it . there are different styles of building and not everyone will like what you are building. keep us posted on the progress, there are many guys here that cant wait to see what you do next.
godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tatujess (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 07:04 AM   #172
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

Thanks!!! I appreciate the encouragement for sure! I'm actually at an impass atm with the project. I had to move it from the ultimate shop situation to what promised to be at least workable. And has since proven to suck pretty bad.. I'm splitting the space with a granite guy and I've spent more time moving my shit around his and trying not to stand or kneel in slurry puddles with the heater set to 90 degrees than anything else. I'm instantly covered in white shit the second I step in and the truck looks like it's got ten years of storage dust on it. Now I hear today we have to move again... fml... the most I've got done since the move is I started cleaning up and prepping all the cut pieces from my last access to the plasma table. These pieces are the permanent replacements for the cantelever arms off the rear bags with improved travel geometry. it's definitely a longer road ahead than it was going to when I was surrounded by talented motivated fabricators. Props to all you lone builders out there for staying motivated and not losing the drive and inspiration! Not that I have but I'm scraping the fuck out of this speed bump and I'm out of air haha... On a better note the bug runs good lol and my BMW project might actually come back from the paint shop soon, I've been doing the final prep myself and it's goin in the booth tomorrow for the body color. I'm hoping all the accents and lace roof are done next week I'll post a pic when i get it put back together... at least I'll be rollin bagged again!
Tatujess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #173
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Vehicle: 97 hardbody based Frankenstein project, static slammed 64 beetle, h&r grounded e46 330i

I finally got back on the truck for a few hours today.... I had a two foot section of the firewall that I'd been putting off finishing up the cutting and welding cuz I didn't pull the motor out and it had to b done from the inside... so I pulled my nutz back down and jammed a chunk of aluminum between the wiring/hoses and the firewall and went to work. I used the strip I cut out to do another layer over the seam too looks like shit but the whole cab bodydrop is finally done at a full 3.5" and sealed up. it's been so slow and go since the shop migration, so that feels goooood I forgot to take a pic so here's a few pics of the bagged BMW 330i project that's just about done and I'm driving it daily right now I go this car a few years ago from a buddy that had neglected the shit out of it but it was a cool base to start high miles but still a deal at the time. It had 6000 in static suspension and the m5 wheels already so I was all in. Well e46s when not kept up go to shit quick. So it took me the better part of a year replacing little shit all over. Vacuum lines, fuel pump and filter intake tubes crankcase vent, diff bushings , high/low intake pressure valve, master cylinder booster, a/c ballast resistor, all the general maintenance and tune up and Loved it! till my shit driveway ground all the paint off the lower portion of the bumper, tint was failing and I lost reverse altogether. Then two weeks later after very careful daily parking jobs, then engine fan exploded on the freeway putting pooches in my hood and three holes in the radiator it became a pain in my ass! So decisions had to be made. Tranny by itself was 2500 new 5-700 used but could do the same thing and a lot of work to get what I had already, back... so I found a cheap sport model with a five speed and no sunroof that someone had given up on all that same "little" shit and did the nut yank and me and my buddy swapped the auto, driveshaft, e60 short shifter and the diff pumpkin out in one long ass weekend. Got an appt to reflash the computer and in the meantime did some fancy wiring shit and got it all talkin the way it should with no CEL. I had previously bagged my sons car and during my swap, had an engine fire and was taken off the road so I took the entire bag setup and modified it to work n the BMW and did some hardlines etc in the trunk but that's gonna be redone for sure It was stil in the air, idk, why not?! So another buddy and I had been working a trade for paint work on whatever car in leau of tattoo work I had been doing and continuing to do, which is my profession, I own a shop in NorCal. He sees the car back on the road one day during a session and says let's do it! So the plan was made to drop it off the following week for full custom paint job still white but brighter with a shit ton of diamond flake and a black roof and bronze wheel recolor, the plan was two weeks cuz they weren't busy at the time. Well the first time it went in the booth it didn't make it three feet out the door of the booth and it rolled into a 66 impale and doinked the f out of the driver quarter.... fml... so that two to three week timeline turned into 11 months after all was said and done.. for a gazillion reasons one being the sunroof delete cuz I dstroyed the sunroof accidentally while trying to fix it after it jammed super bad during masking. Luckily I had the other car with a slicktop and headliner to complete the conversion. It also gave me more time to decide on the trim color change and combo with the mirrors wheels grill, diffuser panel lace roof etc..but what matters now is I have it back and I frickin love it when the sun hits that white just right look out it sparkles like no other.... sorry long winded hhahaaha
Old 03-26-2018, 05:51 AM   #174
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

ok back to d21 stuff finally! I sectioned a good portion of the old front seat mount down at an angle and recapped it, getting it outta the way some more but still giving some floor support. I used the moment to practice heat control welding on thin metal to prepare myself for shaving the gas door and door handles, even tho it didn't matter if this piece warped, I NEED the practice lol... I also got the passenger side floor from back wall to top of the firewall covered in sound deadener. I left my roller at home so it was a serious pain on the ass! I still might skin the back of the cab so I'm holding off on deadener back there. Felt really good to get back on 'er and actually feel like I accomplished something. Sooooo I have a plan, luckily, for where the truck is going, since it has to move, again. Turns out the location of fab shop that I originally started the project at is a fab shop again and is going to let me finish er there! Stoked that I got a place! it was really bummin me out that it might of ended up under a cover in my backyard. We may even be getting a lift too which would really bring my finish line a lot closer. I guess u could call it serendipitous that get to complete the truck in the shop I started it at but never made it inside haha. third move is charm right? Has anyone out there used one of those summit universal heater/defroster units? They seem nice and compact. I'm not sure if I wanna try n stuff the stock shit back in a way smaller spot, plus I deleted the a/c pump already in favor of a future dual alternator setup... info point;;; so supposedly a 1995 Cadillac I think fleetwood but could b eldo has a single wire GM (obviously) 360 AMP alternator stock, I've seen them online from $89-$125 new or remanned!!! Serious power adder for a fraction of the cost of a custom made alternator and should support up to 10,000 watt system and dual maybe four compressors no problem with a good sized battery bank...
Old 03-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #175
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Frontier, 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,214 Posts

You're getting there! I may have to look into that caddy alternator too, that a lot of power.
alabama_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tatujess (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #176
OneHandedRuiz

Vehicle: 1994 Nissan Hardbody

If you find a link to those alternators let us know!
Tatujess (04-18-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:06 AM   #177
kmanuel

Vehicle: 13 G37 Sport Daily on Air . 06 CC Sierra Bagged, 03 Tacoma current/upcoming project

never seen any oem alternator rated anywhere near that high. GM tends to be around 150-160 for the higher ones

there are plenty of options for aftermarket upgraded high output ones; those year cadillacs still used the older style alternators and there are many companies that offer upgrades
kmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tatujess (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #178
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanuel View Post
never seen any oem alternator rated anywhere near that high. GM tends to be around 150-160 for the higher ones

there are plenty of options for aftermarket upgraded high output ones; those year cadillacs still used the older style alternators and there are many companies that offer upgrades
Meee too! I had never heard of that high either from factory, in my research looking for one I did find out that many motor home alternators are much higher amperage, but nuthin on the Cadillac one.. turning out to likely b just a rumor as usual. More than anything i was hoping for confirmation hah, wishful thinking. I'm gonna pick the brain of the guy that I heard it from. For now a 145amp out of a early 2000's quest is what I'm trying first, research says same plug as d21 but bigger body
Old 04-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #179
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

https://i.imgur.com/vRcxawk.jpg got the firewall and rest of the floor all sound deadened. Turned out to be the last thing I got done in the old shop, shit one of the only things lol
Old 04-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #180
Tatujess
Praise the lowered

Got all moved into the new shop and got er in the air again. So stoked, got so much room now. There's all my shit I have here so far and now I have access to a big ass miter wet band saw a drill press way bigger than mine commercial tig and mig machines(if needed) and big ole belt sander.. area pictured is just my part of space. And my modest tools, the shop is four to five times that big with tools throughout, plus upstairs storage for all my parts. So much better