Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Engine and Drivetrain

Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
burn

Vehicle: 1990 hb kc
Default 1990 king cab

slave cylinder was leaking .bought new one but did not install.truck driving fine and sifting fine when i drove it into driveway.came out this morning andclutch pedal was on the floor. added fluid to master clinder and hand pumped..couldnt get it to come up. left it for 8 hours and came home and hand pumped.seemed to be getting some resistance from pedal but was still down just not on floor so stopped to check fluid in mc.it was full.came back to pump and pedal was all the way up but could not depresss? whats going on?is it air locked.can i fix it by removing the slave cylnder and putting in new one?
burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:05 AM   #2
highest_vision

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody

When I had master issues on my old 720 and was by myself with pedalfloor, I had to rob a vacuum hose from an engine part and bleed at the dampener. Neither that 720 nor this hardbody could I bleed solo without a vacuum or pressure bleeder. I don't think you could just pump it up with the pedal or the slave.

Put on your parts and get a buddy or vacuum/pressure bleeder.
Some 2 wheeled things

highest_vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:13 AM   #3
burn

Vehicle: 1990 hb kc

my problem isnt pedal to floor my problem is all of a sudden the pedal is up top and cant be depressed
burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #4
highest_vision

Vehicle: 1995 Hardbody

Probably stuck outside its normal stroke. Push harder Disconnect the hard line coming out of it and see if it is still stuck. It isn't uncommon when stroking them like this to bleed for a worn master to stick.
Some 2 wheeled things

highest_vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:46 AM   #5
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by highest_vision View Post
When I had master issues on my old 720 and was by myself with pedalfloor, I had to rob a vacuum hose from an engine part and bleed at the dampener. Neither that 720 nor this hardbody could I bleed solo without a vacuum or pressure bleeder. I don't think you could just pump it up with the pedal or the slave.

Put on your parts and get a buddy or vacuum/pressure bleeder.
It can be done but it's a pain in the ass. It definitely helps if the dampener has already been bypassed. I use a gatorade bottle with a piece of tubing through the cap. It does the job but you need to use the smallest hose possible and force it onto the bleeder valve at the slave, otherwise air gets in. One day I'd like to make a cheap pressure bleeder out of a round-up sprayer.
SBJ is online now   Reply With Quote