Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 09-29-2019, 06:35 AM   #11
92travlguy

Vehicle: '92 D21 ARB rear locker, 3" body, 3" Calmini suspension, 33x12.50 tread. '06 Xterra stock
Default Ripped boots

I just got back from a challenging excursion with my 92 D21, 3" Calmini suspension lift. My inner boots ripped in two and threw grease all over the place., but no axle binding took place. Is there a better boot/axle available to handle the angle induced by this lift? I'm pretty sure I've been running on OEM axles/boots.
92travlguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:34 PM   #12
Reserector
the Flaming Marshmallow

Vehicle: Nissan HB KC 4x4

Short answer is no.
I lived through a suspension lift for years. Had all the problems. Most were solved with the full Calmini steering plus the spherical bearing mod for the idler arm. But in the end, a D44 swap was the cure.
Looking back, if I bought another Nissan 4x4 in stock configuration, I would leave it that way and see what I could drive it through like that. The only mod I would do would be to add a winch. Everything else short of the SAS was a heartbreaking waste of my time and money.
The weird thing is this; once you add lift, you can never bring yourself to undo it. I guess it's a guy thing.
Reserector is offline   Reply With Quote