Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Suspension

Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Shinobu_D21
Minitruck Addict

Vehicle: 95 KC, 68 520, 75 620, 96 D21
Default Air Ride issue

Ok so I've got a strange annoying issue with my 96 Bagged D21 the rear bags air all the way up and sometimes get stuck so they wont go down for a few minutes. Happens when I bump the rear switch up. Ive been looking around for any info on the system thats in my truck because I bought it already bagged and the previous owner was of no help with history on the bagged system. I know its an Air Ride Technologies system because thats the only name I can find for my pressure display. So my question is if anyone has any ideas that might help me fix this annoyance. System works fine otherwise.
Shinobu_D21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 08 altima, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,509 Posts

Well, I can’t offer anything very specific as I’m not familiar with your system. However, my first guess would be that the dump valve on the rear is not working correctly. There are numerous configurations in which a system can be installed with anywhere from 2 valves for the whole truck (fill valve, dump valve) to 8 valves for the whole truck with a full and dump valve for each bag. You’ll have to look and determine exactly how your truck is set up. Since you say the rear will not drop, I’m inferring that you may have 4 valves with 2 controlling the front and 2 controlling the back. Either way, you need to find the dump valve for the rear of the truck. Then disconnect that valve and test for voltage while operating the switch that makes it drop. If you have voltage present when the switch is activated, your dump valve is failing. You may be able to dismantle the valve and clean it up to make it start working.

If your system is one of the more complex systems we’ll need to know what components you have to make any recommendations.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:19 AM   #3
Shinobu_D21
Minitruck Addict

Vehicle: 95 KC, 68 520, 75 620, 96 D21

Thank you I'll start poking around and see if I can find it. Its my first bagged truck and I really wish I could find out more about the system. It is a two switch system for front and back. I'll post any updates I have on the issue.
Shinobu_D21 is offline   Reply With Quote