Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 03-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #11
OldGreyBeast
1986.5 HB 4x4 3.0V6

Vehicle: '86.5 Nissan D21, '87 Mercedes 190D Turbo, '10 Mercedes E350 AWD, '16 Suzuki GSXS1000

This was a little while ago, but is one of my favorite local truck pics. There's quite a few D21s around here, most of them are in pretty good shape. There's a really cool 720 4x4 across the river I'll try to snag some pics of next time I'm over that way.

OldGreyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (03-17-2021), PorknBeans (03-16-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 02:18 AM   #12
PorknBeans

Vehicle: 1997 XE King Cab with 3 pedals, Y’all

Well, I had a pretty good couple of days "D21 spotting" while out and about.

I literally drove almost a straight line today going from Downtown L.A. to the City of Compton and then back to Downtown L.A. and was able to snap 8 photos today and 4 yesterday. The black one and the white one(coming at you) at the railroad crossing were "action" shots(trucks were moving) and taken at the same intersection in Compton as I snapped their photos. I was working on a Xing issue there and you can see my work truck in the background.

There even were two D21's parked 1/2 block from my shop in one photo. Normally the white KC HB is parked there on the street across from the construction site. BUT, today, there was the SC HB parked there with it. Maybe the trucks had a play date.

A pretty fruitful two days. The prior two days seemed like a Toyota Superfest of late model 'Yotas! Seemed like literally every street I went down, everywhere I looked, turned by head or was stopped at a red light. There were 'Yotas to be found! I guess they troll this site and know of my secret snap shooting of D21's and decided to gather up the troops and make a point to me. At least that's what it seemed like! Still had some 'Yotas today. But not near as many as in the prior days.

So without much further a do...onto the HB's!

I REALLY wanted to park my D21 with these two and take a picture! I thought it would be epic! They were gone by the time I got back.

The one below THOUGHT they could hide their D21 parallel to a forklift! "If you try and hide. I find you!"

Last edited by PorknBeans; 03-17-2021 at 03:03 AM.
PorknBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (03-17-2021), amdilligaf1 (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 02:41 AM   #13
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro
Thanked 1,047 Times in 946 Posts

I'll have to get a photo of the one I usually see. It's a little rusty 2wd with a lumber rack and a sunroof!
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 03:06 AM   #14
PorknBeans

Yea man...post it!

I snap whatever I can! I usually just keep on rapid snapping the photos and keep/edit the best ones and then post those.

I actually stopped in the travel lane to get the photos of the two D21's parked inline with each other.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:34 AM   #15
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro
Thanked 1,047 Times in 946 Posts

I usually see it on the highway on the way home going the other way. I'm not a fan of messing with things while driving. I live my steering wheel stereo controls in the car due to that. I can change the song even when blasting down a twisty road!
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #16
amdilligaf1
i usually don't talk much

Vehicle: 1997 D21 RC 2WD KA24 5MT HF35 KH3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
This was a little while ago, but is one of my favorite local truck pics.
i can see why! looking good,OGB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
I'll have to get a photo of the one I usually see. It's a little rusty 2wd with a lumber rack and a sunroof!
Little Rusty, now that's a good name for a truck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorknBeans View Post
I snap whatever I can! I usually just keep on rapid snapping the photos and keep/edit the best ones and then post those
these trucks really do last forever in a dry climate. it's crazy how many of them you see daily. so far from smyrna and all.

yeah, my problem spotting/snapping is i listen to pandora thru my phone to aux cable to stereo, so unless i am at a light or stop sign, it's usually hard to take a quick one.
swipe to open,pause,back,back,back,back,focus....snap !

PnB, ALL of those are real cool, but i do like the 720 with the 96-97 alloys.
glad to hear you made it straight outa compton !!

i saw a pale yellow 720 today at the light today, it was stock and clean, nothing fancy.... and a white D21 work truck

yotas out the ass here also, but they usually dont get a second look from me unless it a 70s-80s SR-5 4x4.

did anyone notice this black D21 in PnB's older post? it was parked between a red chevy and a black toyota. the chevy has a toyota TRD sticker on it, must be good for 10-15 hp. that's almost a 10% gain in a KA24E!

if i ever find me a white D21, i am old enough i would rock this paint scheme so hard, with no shame!

Last edited by amdilligaf1; 03-17-2021 at 09:10 AM.
amdilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
PorknBeans (03-20-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 05:37 PM   #17
89'HBV6
Ol'school Geek

Vehicle: 89' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD - 87' D21 KC SE V6 5spd 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyBeast View Post
This was a little while ago, but is one of my favorite local truck pics. <snip>

LOL, I'm with amdilligaf1... I can see why. They are both TARGETS! lol
What he is saying is the aerodynamics of a D21 is a brick in the wind.
Probably at least as bad as a Jeep so worse than a cow.
89'HBV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:57 AM   #18
PorknBeans

Got a few more "fishes" today while out and aboot...

I missed a "non-Datsun/Nissan" cherried out/awesome restoration of a '70's Toyota Land Cruiser(steel body) on the freeway going the opposite direction. Looked showroom condition!

I did a FULL STOP and put my work truck in reverse gear to snap this photo!

Need another jail break here!

This one isn't even a Datsun/Nissan. But I was passing it on the highway and thought it was pretty well restored.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #19
amdilligaf1
i usually don't talk much

Vehicle: 1997 D21 RC 2WD KA24 5MT HF35 KH3 K

good work, Beans...that is a very nice white D21 ! Free Teal Terror,Jr.!

old landcruisers are great, especially unmolested. butterscotches and blue ones are my favorite, did they even come in other colors?

you may have caught a GMC truck thief ! that tow guy looks a little shady !

i would love to have that old thing. the roof and body are so smooth.
Vaugely remember grandpa in one before he got the '67.

keep 'em coming !!
PorknBeans (03-20-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #20
PorknBeans

I most certainly will keep them coming! And today will be no different!

The TLC was a Butterscotch colored body and SUPER clean! I mean showroom quality! Maybe another time I can document it, if I come across it again.

Yeah, that tow truck looks shady! No company name on the driver's door. But looks like the lettering has been pulled off and only the "clean" spots are left on the sheet metal for you to read. The only thing that LOOKS like it could be legit. Is the "6B" or "6 Boy" on the support brace on the upper right side. That is the truck's call sign when their dispatch is calling them. That's how they are identified on the radio. I know this, because I've installed/tested radios, PA systems light bars etc. on these very trucks back when I was an electronic tech working in a different shop. Still could be a "bandit tow truck". But, yes, a very cool ride!

I have another cool ride to post today too! Just keep scrolling down the page to find it. HINT: It's NOT a D21...

So onto the show!

This lilac/blue(?) D21 is pretty darn nice! I had to circle back to get this pic on a major artery in South Los Angeles. Some serious D21 pride going on right there!

This blue HB tried to get away from me while driving home today! I had to upshift into 4th gear and get on it to catch up to him! Sorry for the not so great photo. But he gave me a run for my money to snap this pic for his truck to "Live in Infamy" on Infamous Nissan! Same color truck(but NOT the same) truck from a prior post that I snapped a photo of while driving on the 10 freeway in Downtown Los Angeles.

This white D40(?) was when Nissan put superchargers on some of their trucks. Thought it was a somewhat rare find. So I documented it just the same. This truck has been there many times before when I've driven down this street to my parent's house. So I might be able to get a better photo of this 4x4 Super Charged truck.

Bonus Pathy photo for the true enthusiast!

...and here's the non-Datsun/Nissan photo of the day. I will include one with each post to shake it up a little bit. This photo happens to contain two vehicles in it. So BONUS!

Well a quick back story on the Jimmy/K-5 Blazer. In addition to having my '97 HB. The '90-'91 Chevy/GMC K-5 Blazer is the truck I was seriously pursuing before I even bought my '97 HB. It would have looked just like this one. Especially with the side sliding windows and 4 head lights. I just couldn't find one to buy. Plus, I needed a new truck anyways for reliability to get to school and back while pursuing my electronics degree and FCC Radio/Telephone license. So an ode to what might have been...

Last edited by PorknBeans; 03-19-2021 at 08:27 PM.
PorknBeans is offline   Reply With Quote