View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #144
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 VG33 Pathfinder SE 4x4 & 87 D21 SE
Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,182 Posts

After days of rain, i got out there yesterday and made some progress. The engine is now fully bolted down. All bell housing bolts are tight. The starter is in and the wiring is connected. Since it is a vg33, i removed the oil boss plug and installed the vg30 oil pressure adapter and sending unit for the gauge. I also went to lkq and got a d22 oil pump housing for 12 bucks. Now i can use the sending port on the housing for a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Also changed the distributor base plate and set the vg30 distributor in with the retaining bolt. Still have to change the intake, wait for ups to deliver my exhaust manifold, connect the exhaust, change the timing belt, water pump and seals.

David Carrol aka Mr. 510 has my steering and alt brackets. They have to be modified. The alt bracket has to be notched and extended to clear the vg33 oil filter. The steering one has to be notched because the oil pump case is thicker than the vg30, and the water pump has to be trimmed on one corner to clear the oil pump. Remember that i am converting the newer engine to run all vg30 the accessories, so the original vg30 brackets have to be altered.

The rain should be out of here by late morning. I might get the vg33 lower intake off today so i can change the thermostat housing that has the rear water pipe for the heater core. Weather cooperating, i should have the VG30I intake on there today.

Then i have to change the slave cylinder and fluid line. I am getting closer. Cant wait to hear it run.
cadillacdude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
89'HBV6 (02-22-2021), alabama_lowlife (02-22-2021)