View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
TWX
Glutton for Punishment

Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4x4

I have added some weight. In a nutshell:

Custom front hitch mounted behind the bumper cover and behind the front crashbar. 2" receiver sticks up in the gap above the front crashbar:

2/0 and 1/0 gauge cable through a massive high-amp switch in a NEMA case and a high-am fuse:

to hold a winch on the front of the truck that slides into the front receiver:

of course the headache is that when I want the most ground clearance is also when I have the most weight on the front. But I assume this is the same problem that everyone has. But the weight of the front receiver is permanent.

I was looking at springs and I basically have a choice, the V8 Pathy springs, or something aftermarket. I'm probably better off going with the V8 Pathy springs from a comfort point of view, after all the amount of weight I've added isn't all that severe when the hitch isn't slotted-in, but I haven't yet purchased springs. If an aftermarket spring is more comfortable than the V8 pathy springs I'd love to hear about it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hitch-mounted2(KIMG5173)-small.JPG (94.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg fin01(KIMG5290)-small.JPG (95.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg anderson-connector-finished-flash(KIMG5293)-small.JPG (91.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg winch4(KIMG5198)-small.JPG (93.5 KB, 15 views)

Former:
"Good Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, Federal Emissions
"Evil Twin" 1995 Hardbody King Cab 4x2 KA24E 5spd, Cloud White, California Emissions
1989 Hardbody Regular Cab Short Bed 4x2 Z24 5spd, Black
TWX is offline   Reply With Quote