View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #14749
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD

I installed eight large eye-bolts into my canopy all around, (threaded, with nuts, not screw-in type) using doubled washers top and bottom, fat washers to spread out the load. Sealed both sides with white bath silicone.

Now I can attach additional cargo on top of the canopy safely. Three bolts down each side, one in center front and back. What you do to carry your additional load is lay out a good heavy tarp on the ground. Put mostly soft gear in the tarp, arranged upside down. Fold canopy over here and there, leaving no open spots anywhere (especially in FRONT) where the wind can get in there and blow the tarp open, or flap it around. Secure it with good cord, turn it upside down and place it on the roof of the canopy. Secure this bundle on your canopy to the eye bolts side-to-side, front to back with the center bolts, and cross corner. No problems. That sucker ain't NEVER coming loose until you reach your campsite.

This is how I managed to load so much gear for our upcoming Eclipse Campout in eastern Oregon. I leave this Sunday.

LOL...I even pulled the passenger seat to make more room for the electronics gear and 900mm telescope. Hell, it's only four bolts anyway.

And I would like to thank both this forum and many of the members for helping me over the last few months to get this truck running as it is now. You guys have been a BIG help, no kidding. I really appreciate it. I'm the point man for a group camp to view the eclipse. We're going to shoot the whole event in 1080 widescreen with Dolby 5.1. This video will be uploaded to YouTube, and somewhere along the way we're going to talk about Infamous Nissan. I will post the link on a separate thread when I get back and finish editing the video. You guys are GREAT.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 114,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.

Last edited by XoXSciFiGuy; 08-12-2017 at 09:53 AM.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote