View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:13 PM   #1
D21dailydriver

Vehicle: 1991 Hardbody ex-cab
Question Armada rims-how low can I go?

1991 extended cab 2wd stock suspension on 18" Titan/Armada rims with 245/40zr18 tires. Between the tire and fender drivers rear is 4.75", Driver front 2", passenger rear 4", passenger front 2.75". That's on a slab, level ground. How do I even start to drop this thing if it's so uneven? *before I got it there was a minor fender bender but it was not that bad because the original fender is still on it, just beat on with a hammer-whoever fixed it did an 80 out of a 100 job-its not that bad*everypart autozone could get me for the front end was replaced shortly after I bought it and when I got the alignment they basically said this is as close as we could get. It doesn't eat tires. Is the frame twisted? On these 18's when I say how low can I go I'm really looking to level it out so it looks better sitting, strait- not the typical truck lift in the rear. Can't really slam it down on these rims they won't tuck. New Napa driveshaft that was over priced so I am apprehensive to just jump right in before I'm knowed up and have a plan that'll work.

I am wondering if there is a way to drop the bed a half an inch as well to get the body lines strait. I think the lines not being strait are worn out cab bushings because the bed has none. That half and 3 inch blocks and a redrill of the leaf should get me where I want to be in the back after rolling the lip on the inside of the fender.

I'm leaning towards spindles in the front instead of messing with the torsion bars eventhough I believe a few turns on that passengers side may fix my unlevel front end. Have you had issues Lowering with torsion bars in the front eat the tires up on the inside?

***any thoughts after reading my first novel? ***

Please excuse any typos, I'm on my phone and went to public schools-thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0502181959_copy_582x291.jpg (86.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg D21_copy_540x304.jpg (92.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by D21dailydriver; 05-17-2021 at 02:26 PM.
D21dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote