Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LBR Front Suspension (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41656)

jonmalexander 05-29-2018 02:53 PM

LBR Front Suspension

Hey all, since I am going to be replacing the front shocks, I figured I would go ahead and replace the BJ and tie rods too... any suggestions on what else I should do since I am going to have it all apart. I would like to get it all done at once, but am unsure of what should be replaced versus what doesn’t need to be replaced.

91nissan94 05-29-2018 04:52 PM

I would do the center link, idler arm and bushings while I was there.

street_rulerr 05-29-2018 05:11 PM

what is LBR?

anyways, tension rod bushings.

86.5KC 05-29-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by street_rulerr (Post 504345)
what is LBR?

I think that he is referring to his truck's name (Little Big Red)......

And I second(or third?) the bushing replacement, I replaced all of mine with the Energy Suspension urethane bushings when I got the truck in 2016. My truck only had 113K on the clock and every bushing was soft and very worn. I would say that it is definitely worth the effort.

jonmalexander 05-29-2018 08:56 PM

Ok, let me know if I am missing anything:
9pc suspension kit, ball joint, tie rod, idler arm
Energy sway bar bushing kit
Energy Strut rod bushing kit
Energy control arm busing kit
Center link

alabama_lowlife 05-29-2018 09:34 PM

FYI those lower control arm bushings are a BITCH to replace, or so I’ve been told. Also, I’m gonna step out on a limb and recommend that you don’t get Moog ball joints. The boots are absolute shit, the way they install is a joke. I replaced my son’s ball joints with moog about 2-3 years ago and one of the boots has already vanished. Not sure what to recommend, but I won’t be using moog ball joints again.

street_rulerr 05-29-2018 09:37 PM

front sway bar bushings. maybe a whole endlink instead or something if its simpler.

SBJ 05-29-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabama_lowlife (Post 504353)
FYI those lower control arm bushings are a BITCH to replace, or so I’ve been told. Also, I’m gonna step out on a limb and recommend that you don’t get Moog ball joints. The boots are absolute shit, the way they install is a joke. I replaced my son’s ball joints with moog about 2-3 years ago and one of the boots has already vanished. Not sure what to recommend, but I won’t be using moog ball joints again.

I've heard that too. I have had decent luck with Mevotech or even some of the cheaper ones you can get on Rockauto. I don't think I spent more than $50 to do all 4 ball joints, both tie rod ends and the stabilizer bar links. I just made sure to get ones that come with zerk fittings and grease them annually. Eventually I too will have to do the bushings, not looking forward to it. I'm wondering if a ball joint press would be of any use forcing them out.

91nissan94 05-30-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBJ (Post 504358)
I'm wondering if a ball joint press would be of any use forcing them out.

It helps if you have one handy.

jonmalexander 06-04-2018 12:18 AM

Do I have to take the torsion bar off to replace the upper control arm bushings? If so, is there a trick to keeping this in line?