Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   4x4 and Offroading (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Monroe's, Bilstien or Ranch (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40227)

Cafe' 08-11-2017 12:48 PM

Monroe's, Bilstien or Ranch

Been driving this beautiful little resurrected truck (92 4cyl 4x4) around town for a couple weeks now. AND>>>> she's got more shake than a nice booty at a dance club:woot:. While at a club that's nice but not on my truck. Time for some shocks absorbers. I've had Rancheros on past 4x4 and liked them. But there are other brands out there.

Anyone on here willing to reply with the type they have or tried and thoughts.

I appreciate it advance. :thumb:

dvdswan 08-11-2017 05:13 PM

I've like Rancho shocks. but shakes would be more something out of balance.

synbiotic12 08-11-2017 05:44 PM

Personally I think the only good rancho's are the really high end ones like 9000 series, I've had the lower end one's they don't last worth a damn.

But I think Dave is right, sounds like something out of balance not shock absorbers.

Cafe' 08-11-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synbiotic12 (Post 487410)
Personally I think the only good rancho's are the really high end ones like 9000 series, I've had the lower end one's they don't last worth a damn.

But I think Dave is right, sounds like something out of balance not shock absorbers.

Thanks...and its shocks. They suck, the PO beat this thing up and the front passenger side is blown.

Deerhurst 08-11-2017 06:23 PM

I too would look at balance issues. But blown is blown!

As far as I know I've got factory stocks. They still work fine. Had good luck with bilstein on the super duty that gets beat on.

cadillacdude1975 08-12-2017 09:57 PM

i dont have a 4wd, but i have monroe shocks on mine. it rides like a truck. guess i cant complain.

Cafe' 08-15-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 (Post 487461)
i dont have a 4wd, but i have monroe shocks on mine. it rides like a truck. guess i cant complain.

How long have you had them on the truck?

Scott Turchin 08-17-2017 06:12 PM

I will say that I absolutely LOVE the Bilsteins and I had Monroe (They are nice!) and I had a lot of brands. I had Gabriels as well and they were good (factory).

The Bilsteins are SOFT in the back and VERY firm in the front, it takes some getting used to.

The problem is WHERE you buy Bilsteins, it better be a reputable dealer or if you get two defective shocks like I did you will play H*LL getting them changed out without paying a buttload of shipping costs.

DO NOT USE SHOCK Warehouse dot com -bunch of crooks running that place.

Autozone would be the place if you buy Bilsteins.

But on the other hand I have a set of Monroes on the shelf that have less than 100 miles on them, cover the shipping and say $25 and you can have them.

swampyankee 08-17-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 (Post 487461)

Ditto.

slo87 08-23-2017 07:43 PM

In my shop and my personal vehicles I press for KYB shocks and struts. I've been in business for myself for 4 years now with no known blown KYB shocks sold/installed. My personal vehicles have never had a failure from KYB's and usually get 90,000 before signs of wear or leakage. But that's just my experience.